1. Default NRA Voting Members

Life, Endowment, Patron, and 5-year or more Regulars.

The 2011 NRA Board of Directors ballot will be in the February edition of your American Rifleman, etc.

If you are a competitive shooter (in any discipline) there are eight names you should seriously consider voting for:

-R. Lee Ermey
    -Patricia Clark
    -Dennis DeMille
    -Ted Carter
    -H.J.”Walt” Walter
    -Carl Kovlachik
    -Eddie Newman
    -Dennis Willing

All of these individuals are active competitive shooters and are our best hope of getting some true representation on the NRA Board.

If you're not a competitive shooter do the rest of us a favor and vote for these folks anyway. Then get yourself out to a match and get in on the fun

If I can remember I'll ask for your help again in Feb but maybe you should make a note now as memory is the second thing to go...

Maury

I second the motion!
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

I quite voting some years back, no matter how many elections nothing changes. NRA is run by one guy, I do not think the board really matters. Before you flame---I will add, I am Life since 59 and a Endowment member.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    I quit voting some years back, no matter how many elections nothing changes. NRA is run by one guy, I do not think the board really matters. Before you flame---I will add, I am Life since 59 and a Endowment member.
    I know how you feel; I haven't voted for a couple years now myself.

There were a number of reasons; usually because there wasn't anyone on the ballot I wanted to vote FOR.

Nor do I have any doubts about who runs Big NRA.

But in this case it's a matter of getting a few like minded individuals on the board so they can have an impact on the competitive shooting part of Little NRA.

It's worth a try

Maury

I quit voting a few years ago. one reason is that Neal Knox is not giving me a slate to vote for and a pep talk. Another reason is that I worry about the vote counters, remember who hires them. For those who don't remember how Neal improved the NRA, click on the link below. What mainly affected me was giving the vote to us lowly annual members.
    Bob
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_Knox

Not voting is a guarantee that nothing will ever change.The membership didn't lose control with one election and aren't going to regain it in one.Stay the course until the objective is achieved.

Voting is important. It is much easier on my conscious to express my views when I know that I backed them up with a ballot. I will also second Mr. Krupp's statement about getting out and trying a competitive shooting event. It is fun and it WILL make you a better shooter. This was my first year of doing it an it is a blast. Pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by JBinIll View Post
    Not voting is a guarantee that nothing will ever change.The membership didn't lose control with one election and aren't going to regain it in one.Stay the course until the objective is achieved.
    Of course you're right but a few members against the powers that be, will have little effect. What we need is a NRA Tea party to focus and identify the problems, choose a slate, and reduce the 5 yr term of the Exec. Vice President.
    My opinion, Bob

Before voting, understand how the system works. Voting members can vote for a full slate of candidates, and the candidates win by taking the number of votes cast for each. In other words, all candidates are in competition with all the other candidates.

This means if you have well-known candidates, they normally win -- everyone votes for Senator Such-and-such, or Ted Nugent, and so on. But if you're pushing for a less well-known candidate, vote for that candidate only -- voting for more than the candidate(s) you really want gives votes to the people competing against your candidate.

10. Default

Vern, That's a very good point. It does pay to know how the game is played. Rick