1. Default Mein Scharfschutzen Gewehr

I'm really proud of this rifle. I fell in love with the first one I ever saw. Just got the glass mounted tonight and will try to hit the range this weekend. The scope is not original but it's a tough fixed power optic that keeps the flavor of the original.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/libertyman777/avatar/cutinhalf.gif

I owned and shot an SSPII for many years and it was an extremely accurate rifle. I anly sold it when I decided to go all U.S. with my modern weaponry. What is the make of your scope? The scope that was mounted on my Steyr was a Kahles ZF 10X. I also had a Kahles ZF 6X mounted on an H&K 91.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Wilson View Post
    I owned and shot an SSPII for many years and it was an extremely accurate rifle. I anly sold it when I decided to go all U.S. with my modern weaponry. What is the make of your scope? The scope that was mounted on my Steyr was a Kahles ZF 10X. I also had a Kahles ZF 6X mounted on an H&K 91.
    It's a US Optics ST-10 with MOA reticle. I looked at a couple of Kahles ZF scopes and almost bought one but I contacted Kahles and they no longer support those optics for repairs, etc.

The Kahles ZF series was a very robust scope, but it always irratated me that the reticle was never exactly centered in the lens.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Wilson View Post
    The Kahles ZF series was a very robust scope, but it always irratated me that the reticle was never exactly centered in the lens.
    Yeah they are tough but with no support from the company, I just couldn't pull the trigger on one.

I like the USO. It's clear and supposed to be tough. I'm not hard on my stuff, so I'll probably never find out but if it breaks, I have some options. Same thing with the rifle. I didn't buy until I had spoken with Steyr US to make sure it was still supported.

I'm headed to the range this weekend (hopefully).

Great rifle!! The double set triggers are what REALLY make rifles like these superior (IMHO).... the inherent accuracy one can obtain from a properly adjusted set of DST`s has no equal. By and large, most Americans are not fond of them... I guess they never really caught on with us. My Mannlicher Schoenauer rifles, all with DST`s, are some of the most overall accurate rifles I have. DST`s do take a bit of getting used to, especially if you`re hunting with them.

Best Regards from Virginia,

Chris

sharp, can you post pictures of groups??