Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

" Not trying to discourage you...simply trying to dissuade you from "settling" for too little."

You have no chance of dicouraging me.

" Crummy days happen, and as my eyes and general health continue to deteriorate, those crummy days are a lot more numerous than they used to be."

Kind of sounds like your glass is half empty and you are expecting more crummy days. I say you are still shooting and there are no crummy shooting days. Some days are more satisfying than others but there are no crummy shooting days.

Have you come across any ads for a 10X?

I have a 10-X shooting coat similar to the picture with straps and metal buckels for tiaghtening up. It is a size 34 and very tight on me. I bought it second hand about 30-years ago and still using it on sundays to shoot my Model 70 Targets, 30-06 with Unertal Scopes and steel but plates. I also shoot Devine M1A's and a M40, all with metal but plates. My coat is torn at the collar and taterated at the wrists. Would love to get another coat like it in size 40 or replace the canvas, because the pads are as new. Would appreciate feedback on this subject. Thanks,
    Devine 308

3. Default

It sounds like you have some beautiful firearms! I dream of a Unertl on an 03.

I had a party email me that they have a few 10X coats and they would check for my size. I have not yet heard back from them yet.

Smile 10X Shooting Coat

I also considered putting together a 1903 with the Unertal. I even got the Unertal scope blocks, but need to find someone to tap the blocks and cut the upper hand guard. The Unertal would make a far better sight picture then the 3/4" small scope to deal with.
    Let me know if any of the 10X Coats come available. I am hoping my wife will do some so mending on the old coat.

5. Default

National Match Armory has pics on their site of a USMC clone they made. I imagine they would do a good job for a good buck. A recent post in the sniper forum had good picks of the front handguard on a USMC sniper for reference.

I hope to be able to get us both a coat. Had one lead but no further contact. Something will come along.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pmclaine View Post
    National Match Armory has pics on their site of a USMC clone they made. I imagine they would do a good job for a good buck. A recent post in the sniper forum had good picks of the front handguard on a USMC sniper for reference.

I hope to be able to get us both a coat. Had one lead but no further contact. Something will come along.
    Call up chuckindenver, he can handle it.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

7. Default

Got a 10X coat today by giving the club hosting the CMP match I shot at a $30 donation to their junior program. It was a juniors coat that I dug out of a back cabinet and they were no longer using. They were surprised by my interest and desire to buy. Kept my elbows nice and comfortable, the pulse pad helped with the sling and there was less felt recoil from my 03. It did everything I wanted it to do. I ended up shooting a 370 (it was a 100 yard course with reduced targets - CMP matches near to home are hard enough to come by those at full size ranges are even more scarce in MA). I'll take that on my second match, first with this rifle and my new used coat.

Devine308 - I checked for others in a similiar size. As it was a juniors coat I must have got the one they bought for the rare baby huey. At the next months shoot I will be able to speak with some people at the club that may have better info on what they have on hand and I will look for another if you are still interested. They are happy to part with them as long as it benefits the juniors.
    Last edited by pmclaine; 08-21-2010 at 08:25.

8. Default

I now have 2 vintage imperial 10X shooting coats. One size 40 and one size 42. I am going to keep the 42.

Some members expressed an interest in also obtaining one of these coats. Anyone interested in the size 40?

PM/Email to Devine 308 as he has asked for first chance at a size 40.
    Last edited by pmclaine; 09-26-2010 at 05:27.

Yes, the size 40 would probally work out fine. Please let me know of the price and etc.
    Thank You,
    Devine308
    Woody

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by devine308 View Post
    Yes, the size 40 would probally work out fine. Please let me know of the price and etc.
    Thank You,
    Devine308
    Woody
    PM sent to you.