Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ha, I like that set-up! But they probably didn't want to have to issue a stepladder with it so you could get high enough to see through the scope.

When you think about it though, the time-line for the Kollmorgen and MC-1 mount is actually a lot closer than the M84 and WWII mount.

Is that the first type or second type scope? In need to find a nice FSN marked Kollmorgen to go with a mount I picked up last year.

Cass

2. Default

Yea it is high but you could a cheek pad. This one is the late FSN marked scope. I have never seen a MC-52 in any Vietnam photos either.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny in Texas View Post
    Cecil post a picture of just the M14 bracket I will post pics of the 2 I have.
    Hi Johnny,
    Sorry for the delay.
    P7100020..jpgP7100018..jpgP7100017..jpgP7100016..jpg

4. Default

Cecil your bracket seems to have the same left side profile of the one Cass has. I have now seen 3 different types of these mounts just based on machining techniques.That I see here.

Hi Johnny,
    So what's the consensus? Are they real or memorex?

6. Default

Cecil I am 99% sure the blued one I have is the same maker as the one in Senich's U.S. Sniping book the would be the bottom one in my pictures, yours Cass's and the Parked one I have I don't know about and I had one a couple years back that I bought for 75.00 and it had the makers initials and last name stamped on the inside flat area . Not sure about that one either. I think the large lock screw is repro because the front lever hits the knob on mine but not sure on that either.

Johnny I've looked evert which way and I don't see any difference between your Senich mount and my mount other than the lock nob size.

8. Default

Cecil on page 247 Senich C.B. of US Sniping there are 2 side shots my blued brackets has the same rough finish and out of square line cut above the knob yours looks more like the top one. The top bracket in my pics looks to be cast and then machined so it is probably a repro. I don't know how many were made and if they were mass produced. Yours looks to be machined from bar stock so I would call it good. I would be surprised that these were reproduced there is no demand for them really.
    Last edited by Johnny in Texas; 07-12-2010 at 07:07.

Cecil, I don't see anything that concerns me about yours. I like the milling marks with the large radius.

The pictures in the books are all over the map and really aren't large enough to be much of a guide. Senich shows at least two or maybe three different types. Page 22 in The Long range War shows one from the West Point collection that is flat rather than stepped on the left face.

Some of the best pictures are in Lee Emerson's book, M14 Rifle history and Development. He shows the flat face version as commercial by Pete Michaels. Emerson and Iannamico both show the inside face of the bracket in their photos.

Cass

10. Default

The one I sold was stamped P. Michaels