View Poll Results: When/ where did you serve?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • WW 2

2 1.12%
  • Korea

7 3.91%
  • Viet Nam

84 46.93%
  • Gulf War 1991

25 13.97%
  • Somalia

3 1.68%
  • Bosnia

12 6.70%
  • Afghanistan

14 7.82%
  • Iraq

33 18.44%
  • Other

59 32.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

"What did you think about the college bunch demonstrating and the draft dodgers going to Canada? "

They had a right to be stupid and demonstrate. As for the draft dodgers who went to Canada. Goodbye! We had more respect for those who went to jail for their beliefs. Worst thing that a$$hole in Chief Carter did was the pardon. I'm sure John Kerry sends him a Christmas Card each year for that.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Exclamation

The bastards should have been stripped of their citizenship and sent to Hanoi!!! By air of course, air dropped from 20,000 feet with a bomb tied to their feet!
    Even today No dumb SOB Ever wants to let me hear him bragging about going to Canada and then coming back years later. I will most likely put him in the hospital!
    Sarge
    Calling illegal aliens undocumented immigrants is like calling drug dealers unlicensed pharmacists!
    LIFE MEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281.AHC Assoc & CAF

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Have not heard Kiddie Cruiser for a long time. A Kiddie Cruiser had to be signed in by his parents because he was a minor at 17 years old. When you turned 21 you were a legal adult and your parents consent was null and void.
    I joined the Army a month after I turned 17. Don't remember if mom had to sign for me or not. That was a long time ago.

C & D Co. 2/502 101st Airborne '74 - '77 (REFORGER '76)

FCTCLANT & Pax River NAS '79 - '81
    USS Decatur DDG-31 '81 - '83
    USS Callaghan DDG-994 '83 - '86
    PMTC Pt. Mugu, Ca. '86 - '88
    USS Vincennes CG-49 '88 - '92
    FCTCPAC '92 - '96

7 WestPacs, twice to the Persian Gulf, twice to the I.O.

Cheers,

Mark
    Last edited by El Paso Mark; 10-19-2010 at 12:45.
    "I strive to consistently shoot to the level of accuracy that I only occasionally achieve" - Mark

Alea Iacta Est

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    The bastards should have been stripped of their citizenship and sent to Hanoi!!! By air of course, air dropped from 20,000 feet with a bomb tied to their feet!
    Even today No dumb SOB Ever wants to let me hear him bragging about going to Canada and then coming back years later. I will most likely put him in the hospital!
    Sarge
    Bad as I hate to say it, they had the right to leave(my country, love it or leave it). I don't believe they had the right to return. If they had any sense of honor, they wouldn't consider comming back. We do have the right to be yellow.

Biggest problem with the guys who ran is that they broke the law and were given pardons.
    It was a complicated time and situation, but the pardons were way out of line.
    Some guys who got discharged with bad paper were given the opportunity for reviiew, but sure weren't pardoned.

Scary thing today os that with the draft being over a generation in the past, current guys who shirk service are actually offended by the thought of mandatory service. A s if it was for some sort of lesser being.

USAF McChord AFB, WA. 89-92
    Jet Engine mechanic on the C-141's.

Best Regards
    Lisa
    A girl and her gun, it's a beautiful thing.

Chu Lai by the Sea
    Sept. '67 to Jan. '69
    The first part was leading up to 'Nam, Tet of '68 was noisy.
    Dan-Central Indiana Chapter OFC
    http://www.mtekweaponsystems.com/

8. Default

63-64 Ft. Leonard Wood, Ft. Polk, Ft. Benning
    64-65 Okinawa 173rd Airborne Brigade, 2ndBn/503rdInf
    65-66 Vietnam 173rd, 2nd/503rd

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasm View Post
    Bad as I hate to say it, they had the right to leave(my country, love it or leave it). I don't believe they had the right to return. If they had any sense of honor, they wouldn't consider comming back. We do have the right to be yellow.
    Yes, they had the "right" to leave, But they did NOT have any right to return unless it was to serve a jail term! They should have forfieted their citizenship when they crossed the border!
    Sarge
    Calling illegal aliens undocumented immigrants is like calling drug dealers unlicensed pharmacists!
    LIFE MEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281.AHC Assoc & CAF

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasm View Post
    If they had any sense of honor, they wouldn't consider comming back. We do have the right to be yellow.
    If they had any sense of honor, they wouldn't have run off.