Thread: $3400 Type 38 ?

Default $3400 Type 38 ?

This Type 38 sold for $3400. So what am I missing - new collector with lots of cash. Was thinking it was $800.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/892303806

Regards
    Pat

Blog Entries

good ole Gray Blanket special,

buyer wanted it bad, and was a repeat customer

I' m no Japanese WWII firearms guru, but that one looks remarkable to me. I'd guess its a $1,200.00 to $1,500.00 rifle around where I live. Maybe the buyer knows something I don't.
    Last edited by Art; 02-25-2021 at 05:16.

"CollectorAlvinm" (NR) comes in on the 6th bid, puts in a $3400 price, then it's just a matter of seeing if anyone takes the cheese, and someone did!

That's a clever way to run the auction, let some action happen, THEN slap a minimum on it. If no one outbids it, then non-paying-bidder, try again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    "CollectorAlvinm" (NR) comes in on the 6th bid, puts in a $3400 price, then it's just a matter of seeing if anyone takes the cheese, and someone did!

That's a clever way to run the auction, let some action happen, THEN slap a minimum on it. If no one outbids it, then non-paying-bidder, try again.
    gray blanket special,

he has quite the rep on a couple of forums,

Original bidder put $600 on it on 2/16, then some others moved it to $900 and quit. I think in current market that $900 was probably the top price that most of us would have given it. Could be a shill bidder helped him but I bought a nazi medal from that seller about 7 years ago that ended up being fake upon closer inspection. He gave full refund and told me just to keep it. I think he just buys entire collections and sometimes you get something good, sometimes you get not so good.

Thanks