PDA

View Full Version : Found different "Nazi" armband at an auction

Doug Ford
06-18-2010, 08:19
Nazi collecting is not my complete forte but I found this in a box of items. It is cotton and passes the UV test. No RZM mark and it looks home made. Emblem is sewn on. Look at the arms and see how the cloth is folded over. Machine sewn I think...

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s165/FLYINGMEDIC/IMG_2148.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s165/FLYINGMEDIC/IMG_2149.jpg

da gimp
06-18-2010, 08:55
Home made by a German or for the new Neo Nazis we had here in 60's or later? your guess?

da gimp

Conductor
06-19-2010, 12:23
I had one exactly like that way back in the 1950s. I bought it from Norm Flayderman in Kennebunkport, Maine for $3. The manufacturing details are identical. Looks like a standard brownshirt (SturmAbteilung) armband.

Garandy
06-19-2010, 03:57
I collected 3rd Reich armbands, and railroad eagles for a few years. I have had original sewn swastikas like that, as well as just dyed fabric.
The sewn bands were made of wool not silk, if I remember..Andy

John Sukey
06-19-2010, 10:28
The saddest armband I once saw at a gun show for sale many years ago was for a KAPO at Auschwitz. It just disgusted me to even look at it.

John HOLBROOK
06-19-2010, 11:24
One of the funeral homes here in Bellingham has a small but very nice display of military memoribilia which includes a yellow Star Of David armband from Auschwitz-Birkenau. Just looking at it gives me a lump in my throat!!!!!!

Doug Ford
06-19-2010, 12:01
Thanks forum members. I needed some individuals to confirm it.

I also picked up a German banner (3 and 1/2 foot by 7 and 1/2 foot)
Has place to put rod through and feels like they put buckshot in the bottom to keep it in place in the wind. It is double sided with usual symbol on the white center. I couild not pass it up for the small amount of money wanted as there were only a few people there due to the heat. Came for an estate of a WWll Vet.
Could not find anything that matched it size wise on the net.

John Sukey
06-19-2010, 04:45
and to think, my mother gave away my 14 foot nazi stadium banner to the kid across the street while I was in the army!:rolleyes:

John HOLBROOK
06-19-2010, 04:52
and to think, my mother gave away my 14 foot nazi stadium banner to the kid across the street while I was in the army!:rolleyes:

Hey John, during the war, one of my uncles sent me this Luftwaffe helmet plus some other stuff. It all disappered after I went into the Navy in 1950.

http://www.fototime.com/%7B58F03153-07DE-4526-8BFD-2029E461D9E4%7D/origpict/Helmet.JPG

Doug Ford
06-19-2010, 06:42
My youngest brother used everything I sent home including my tiger stripes. Used my shotgun and deer rifle also. He told me later he thought that I was not coming back from Nam, so somebody had to enjoy the things. I guess I proved him wrong!! We did have a "come to Jesus meeting " when I rotated home.

Mossy
06-28-2010, 05:52
Hi Guys,
This is my first post as I just found your site. It's a good site. I hope to contribute some of the things I've learned as well as learn new things. I currently collect Milsurps with a focus on the U.S. and ETO artifacts and weapons. The armband above is a nice example of a 3 piece band.

Bob - The Beagle Master
07-05-2010, 05:05
When I was a kid I had a lot of WWII vets in our neighborhood. By the time I was about 12 all their wives were getting tired of dusting the stuff that they had brought back from the war and they started giving it to me. I'd just be walking down the street and someone would yell, "Hey Bobby, come over here and you can have this!" By the time I was 16 or 17 I had SS daggers, NSKK daggers, SA daggers, German Red Cross daggers, Forester's daggers, armbands, vehicle pennants, medals, Jap bayonets and a sword, helmets and several guns. I took a pen and white ink and wrote who had given it to me and where they got it on the backs or insides of a lot of it and for years I called it my "closet collection" because that's where it usually ended up from move to move.

Several years ago it dawned on me that most of the men who had given me that stuff were dead. I knew that a lot of it was probably very valuable and I considered selling it but every time I did I kept thinking that at one point in time that closet collection had meant a lot to some of those men and that maybe some of them had risked their lives to get it. It just didn't seem right to sell all those things so I loaded the trunk one day and took it all up to Indianapolis to the Indiana War Memorial and gave it all to them. I've seen some of it out on display at various times and every time I do I know I made the right decision under the circumstances. Besides that, my wife now has an extra closet!

JimL
07-06-2010, 05:45
Tiger Stripes?

Sarge
07-07-2010, 12:13
Tiger Stripes?

You betcha! Tigers were my duty uniform for quite some time in 1969-70. I sent a bunch of them home also - among other things, there was no one around to mess with them so they were all here when I got home.
Sarge

Michaelp
07-21-2010, 11:36
Tigers were hard to get for A Teams.
My team shared them for operations.
Wore them to shreds.