PDA

View Full Version : Friend Needs Help in Selling German Militaria Collectiom

Tom in GA
05-27-2010, 05:43
I have a friend with an extensive WWII German militaria collection. He is wanting to sell it as his sons have no interest in it. It is a very large collection consisting mostly of uniforms, flags, banners, correspondence and medals. He has a couple of firearms. Believe me when I say this is a large collection. Any suggestions as to the best way to sell this collection. He is willing to sell it all if the price is right or parts of it at a time. This is rare stuff.

da gimp
05-27-2010, 05:48
Mannion's (? on spelling, maybe Manions)in KC, Mo sella alot of this type of stuff by consignment auction/catalog with pix every month.

JB White
05-27-2010, 11:14
Auction houses are a safe and simple way to dispose of things like that. Like the Gimp implied, make sure their buyer base is already geared for it.
Here's another thought: Is your friend able to go the militaria show route? It takes a while to work the circuit and sell piecemeal but it can turn out to be a lot of fun. Aside from tolerating the tire kickers and flea market cheapskates, most people usually strike up a good conversation. I've even made a few new friends along the way.

If he gets one or two tables and displays only a fraction of what he has, people will ask about other related items, then for a business card or about the next show. Every so often I roll over a part of my collection to finance upgrading or changes in interests. Some weekends are better than others but I've never suffered a loss.

tmark
05-27-2010, 08:32
WWII weekend is in Reading, PA, in June. German re-enactors are a large contingent of the entire show having their own "camp" set up on the grounds. Surely, they would have an interest in the collection.

oldcanuck
05-30-2010, 05:47
Tom,

How best to get in touch with you, or the owner ?????

Bob
usgi45s@hotmail.com

Michaelp
05-30-2010, 07:00
Surprising that a large collector is not connected to some networking already.

That is a pretty extensive hobby.

BobJ
05-30-2010, 07:30
Tom,
I'm in Ath, GA.
Contact me.

Tom in GA
05-30-2010, 07:54
A lot of his collection has been gathered through European travels and contacts.

oldcanuck
05-31-2010, 04:36
Tom,

How best to get in touch with you, or the owner ?????

Bob
usgi45s@hotmail.com

I'll ask one more time.........

Tom in GA
05-31-2010, 07:49
I will contact him. He is on Memorial Day vacation. It is up to him to contact you. Patience please.