PDA

View Full Version : sportorizing a yugo mauser

rainey02
05-12-2010, 11:36
I am trying to sportorize a yugo mauser and can't seem to find a barrel.:eusa_wall:
Will a 98 mauser barrel work? they are both large ring rifles, the only difference I know of is the center to center on the action screws. I leaped before I took a good looked. Now I have a yugo with a smoked barrel, and a smok'n new stock. I would like to have this rifle rechamberd to a .308 winchester. Midway has plenty of barrels to do this to a 98 mauser or "equivilent". Will those barrels work for me?

Bill
05-12-2010, 02:43
I think so, but there are a couple small differences. Call Midway, they sell the Adams and Bennet barrels, and they would know.

You could also call E.R. Shaw in PA. They make and sell threaded and chambered barrels, so surely would know.

Garden Valley
05-12-2010, 03:16
As long as the threads are the same the barrel will fit. I'm not certain about the sights though. The barrel diameter where the sight bases are installed may be different. You may want to confirm with Shaw or another fully knowledgeable party that a 98k barrel will fit, then contact Cole's. They have brand new Norwegian manufacture 98k 7.62mm barrels for less than $100.

randy langford
05-12-2010, 04:10
Yes the are the same as the 98 the way you can tell is there a step down from the receiver ring where the barrel screws in going back to the rest of the action . Large ring dia. 1.410 small ring 1.3 hope this helps information taken from Bolt Action Rifles By Frank De Hass great book