PDA

View Full Version : M1C value

Dave in Pa
05-03-2010, 03:03
Could someone help me with the current value of a M1C I am looking at. Rifle is a Springfield Armory, serial #37152xx SA barrel not sure of the date. Rifle is similiar to a service grade in appearance, has been reparkerized during rebuild. Marked on receiver leg T.E.12/64 rear receiver marked SA52.Receiver is plugged. Shop is asking $1000.00,thinking its a regular garand that someone drilled.Would it be worth the asking price.Any help on value would be appreciated.

Cecil
05-04-2010, 04:30
Could someone help me with the current value of a M1C I am looking at. Rifle is a Springfield Armory, serial #37152xx SA barrel not sure of the date. Rifle is similiar to a service grade in appearance, has been reparkerized during rebuild. Marked on receiver leg T.E.12/64 rear receiver marked SA52.Receiver is plugged. Shop is asking $1000.00,thinking its a regular garand that someone drilled.Would it be worth the asking price.Any help on value would be appreciated.

In reality it is a regular Garand. The rifle was plugged and marked at the factory never being built into an M1C. Based on the price and novelty of plugged receivers the price sounds good.