PDA

View Full Version : Arizona High Power Class

Roadkingtrax
04-26-2010, 10:24
I did an educational High Power class at Rio Salado out in Mesa on Sunday. An Army friend of mine (EIB Winner/Aviation) and I (just an ex-air force armament guy) did this class not knowing what to expect. We both had a lot of fun and had a great line coach.

For our first time doing it, he scored a 449 and made First in AR15 (after the M1 op-rod wouldn't stay on). I then shot the ill-tempered M1 with no problems and scored a lowly 385...winning me 2nd place in the Garand class. Not bad for a HRA Greek Return with a wobble in the front sight. ( have to peen later today.)

Anyone that hasn't done this is missing a lot of fun and historical connection with their rifle.

That's me in the boonie hat, and the coach let us use his glove and jacket. Really awesome day. Probably only 90 yesterday....:icon_redface:

hagar in SC
04-27-2010, 10:06
Hey, what happened to the PHOENIX sign that used to be at Rio Salado?

El Paso Mark
04-27-2010, 10:07
Glad you had a good time. Went over about 6 years ago to do the same. Was supposed to be kind of a get-together for me, my brother, and son. Alas, something came up and my brother had to bow out, and I came down with something the week prior and was sick as a dog. Forced myself to drive over so as not to disappoint my son, but no way was I up to shooting. My then 14 year old son shot AR-15 and placed first! I framed his certificate and have it on the wall. May have to go over again sometime so we can both shoot.

Cheers,

Mark

Ron Foos
04-27-2010, 05:06
The Phoenix sign is still there...

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/levisdad/MVC-330S.jpg

John Kuhns
04-27-2010, 07:48
Hey, what happened to the PHOENIX sign that used to be at Rio Salado?

Hey you Afrikaaner renegade, when are you coming out here again? It's going to be a while before I'm in your neck of the woods.

hagar in SC
04-29-2010, 12:50
When you drive all the illegal IT consultants out of AZ...

Roadkingtrax
04-29-2010, 06:38
When you drive all the illegal IT consultants out of AZ...

I thought they only cut lawns..according to the media. I know there are illegals in all levels of occupations.