PDA

View Full Version : A real gun question

dryheat
10-20-2023, 04:56
I've never used a lazer on a pistol. A friend of mine asked me if the intruder can see where the light is coming from if you point it them. I said, I believe the intruder can see where the light is coming from, but my question is: wouldn't that work to blind the target too? Lazers are bright and even airline pilots complain about having them pointed at the plane while they are in the air. I figure it would help disorient the person your pointing your gun at which would be helpful if they are trying to point their gun at you. I'm sure there's plenty of information about this, but I'm kicked off of Utube until I cave in to their demands.

S.A. Boggs
10-20-2023, 05:22
I wouldn't concern oneself regarding blinding, neither being spotted. Range is 7 meters or less and over in seconds.
Sam

dryheat
10-20-2023, 06:56
That's what I told her. If it's a close encounter in the house the lazer probably isn't necessary. Better ina the dark, to be stealthy and ninja. But the lazer gets the point across. I have racked the slide and gotten the point across (just a fun thing to do to scare some kids. I know they got a thrill out of it). Lazerrr.

bruce
10-21-2023, 07:25
I'm kicked off of Utube until I cave in to their demands. What has YouTube come up with now? Sincerely. bruce.

dryheat
10-21-2023, 07:37
I'm kicked off of Utube until I cave in to their demands. What has YouTube come up with now? Sincerely. bruce.

They are doing a world wide clamp down on Adblockers. I believe Utube is Google, like they don't have enough money now.

Phloating Phlasher
10-21-2023, 10:06
Yes very brightly too.
If there's particulates in the air (smoke or steam or even dust) there ill be a "sparkly line" along the beam too, but you won't see that from directly head on.

dogtag
10-21-2023, 08:49
There's also the strobe on a flashlight - disorienting I'd say

Phloating Phlasher
10-22-2023, 11:40
Yes, I have a varying strobe setting on my weapon-light & pointing it in a mirror to test I'll say it is at 1,000 lumens!