PDA

View Full Version : K98 1940

GBEAR1
04-24-2010, 02:59
Can anyone tell me what parts were originally in the white or not blued on a German k98 1940 code 243? Thanks in advance

Bill
04-25-2010, 06:50
I do not think there were any parts in the white. Perhaps the newer style cup butt plate was not blued, but I do not know when it became common.

There has been posting here of the bolts being in the white, but this is a mistake. They were blued.

There are members here far more knowledgible than I who will most likely supply a definite answer.

dave
04-25-2010, 07:42
The buttplate (all thru the war, both types), recoil bolt, take down washer in stock. Up to 1940 the bayo lugs were in the white altho those and the recoil lugs have a sand blasted appearance, probably a phosphate fininish. You may find some white bayo lugs in 1940 (transition). I have one matched bring back that has a blue recoil bolt, a ce42, the only one of about 22 rifles. Not all are 100% matched but no rebuilds or import marked examples. Very early cleaning rods were also in the white pobably only first 3-4 years. It has been the same with other examples I have owned or observed. Just my experiance.