PDA

View Full Version : Airman

S.A. Boggs
10-05-2023, 04:27
My grandson Ethan graduates this week and then goes onto training in AF Security. My son dissuaded Ethan from going into the Army where Luke was an E6 Ranger.
Sam

Art
10-05-2023, 07:31
My grandson Ethan graduates this week and then goes onto training in AF Security. My son dissuaded Ethan from going into the Army where Luke was an E6 Ranger.
Sam

Our grandson spent eight years in Air Force Security. The Air Force handles things a bit differently than the other services. Air Force Security functions both as light infantry or police depending on the circumstances. Our son liked the light infantry function better than the cop function. He's still in the Texas Air National Guard, now but in "services" which covers a whole lot of ground in the AF from cook to graves registration.

Not too bad a gig depending on where you are and what you're doing.

S.A. Boggs
10-06-2023, 05:35
My son said amusingly that Ethans MOS was just changed to AF INFANTRY and Ethan is not too happy. Luke thinks that Ethan will be going to Bragg or Bennington for his training. Ethan hates to sleep on the ground and Luke said that Ethan will get a lot of that and road marches as well. Ethan had the ideation that he would be driving in vehicles or flying in planes.
Sam

Art
10-06-2023, 10:05
My son said amusingly that Ethans MOS was just changed to AF INFANTRY and Ethan is not too happy. Luke thinks that Ethan will be going to Bragg or Bennington for his training. Ethan hates to sleep on the ground and Luke said that Ethan will get a lot of that and road marches as well. Ethan had the ideation that he would be driving in vehicles or flying in planes.
Sam

Boy is he in for a surprise. Our son's first assignment was at Minot, South Dakota. Pulling perimeter security there was much joy in the winter. You got out there in a vehicle but you couldn't stay in the vehicle, except for brief periods, then there were the times the weather went south and he couldn't be relieved. He liked Iraq better. If he could have been just Air Force Infantry he would have probably stayed in Security, like I said he came to hate cop work.