PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever done a 'ride along'

Major Tom
09-26-2023, 05:34
A 'ride along' with a cop during their normal patrol? I have. I probably drove him nuts by pointing out all kinds of infractions he could write a ticket on!
He did calm down a domestic disturbance tho, stopped a speeder who had open beer containers and bought me dinner at the local Mac D. It was a long Saturday night shift, 5pm till 2am and lots of paperwork after. He was also the police canine handler with a nice German Shepard. Dog rode in back keeping an eye on the AR15 and shotgun. There was no room up front because of a large computer system.

Johnny P
09-26-2023, 07:26
Probably looking for bigger game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZeT1flgfqs

Allen
09-26-2023, 07:43
"Have you ever done a 'ride along'"

Yes.

Back in the days before laptop computers the passenger side of the front seat was available.

There was one cop who liked to nap during shift while I drove. This was done on night shift only as to where no one would know he wasn't the one driving.

This was back in the mid to late 70's. Times were way different back then.

S.A. Boggs
10-01-2023, 11:48
This was how I got started, looking back I wish I hadn't!:icon_redface:
Sam

rayg
10-02-2023, 05:16
[QUOTE=Allen;653471]"Have you ever done a 'ride along'"

I was on a Village PD and there were two Sheriff deputies that worked construction during the day and when they were on night shift for the sheriff's department in then, a 2 man squad, they took turns sleeping or pulled into one of their home garages and both slept and before shift end they would drive non stop for and hour or so to register miles on their squad!

PWC
10-02-2023, 04:11
yup...Years ago in Bullhead City AZ; responded to an alarm at a gun store, one night. As it turned out it had gone off 2 timed earlier; no perp, all doors locked, owner had to come down and babysit his business as they would not respond to another false alarm.

Caught 3 underage teen runaways out doing dope. Took them to Kingman juvie hall and called parents in CA to come pick them. Bullhead didn't have a juvie hall. Checked the prostitutes down by the east side og the river.