PDA

View Full Version : David McCallum is Dead

Art
09-25-2023, 06:48
David McCallum died today at the age of 90. He died in harness working right up to the end of his life.

Originally a musician, McCallum turned to acting at an early age. Folks my age remember him mostly for "The Man from Uncle" but his most prolific work was on NCIS on which he worked from 2003 to 2023 appearing in a whopping 457 episodes. Mostly a TV actor he was always in demand for guest rolls from "The A Team" to "Marcus Welby MD, to "Perry Mason," to "Murder She Wrote." Most notable movie rolls were "The Great Escape," and "The Greatest Story Ever Told" in which he played Judas Iscariot.

He was drafted into the British Army in 1953 and served in West Africa where he rose to the rank of Lieutenant. He was married to his second wife Catherine Carpenter since 1967. Carpenter's father and brother were both Marines, her father fought on Iwo Jima and her brother was killed in Vietnam. The couple were very active in Marine Corps charities.

dryheat
09-25-2023, 07:34
Illya Kuryakin, a young Soviet spy. When post WWII and the cold war were fun. Now everything is SO serious.

Allen
09-25-2023, 07:38
He aged well.

I remember him well from the Man from Uncle back in the 60's and my wife watches NCIS.

lyman
09-25-2023, 07:42
Illya Kuryakin, a young Soviet spy. When post WWII and the cold war were fun. Now everything is SO serious.

off topic, go watch the Guy Ritchie Verson of UNCLE, quite entertaining if you like Guy Ritchie films

back on topic,

never watched NCIS, but have seen some UNCLE shows,

may he RIP

now, back off topic, sorta,
his Co Star, Robert Vaughn, was in a UK show called Hu$tle, maybe 10 yrs ago or longer,

good show

dryheat
09-25-2023, 08:23
Robert Vaughn was the earlier Pierce Brosnan. When I was in the 8th grade a buddy of mine and another kid formed a U.N.C.L.E.(just to be authentic) fan club. I think they were the only members in that club. But it was a popular show. I wasn't geeky enough to be in the club.