PDA

View Full Version : Swede 6.5

pelago
04-23-2010, 07:58
getting it and me ready to shoot the vintage match at Butner in the CMP games, been working on the front sight, moved the rear sight to 300, and shaved the front sight to be able to hold six o clock picture, had to tap the front a little left 1/32 or so, shooting now 2" high at 100 yards, that should do what it needs at the vintage match, had to use a older leather sling, the swede sling hard to position for prone

damn these things have a fine action, smooth.
I wonder what it would cost to produce these rifles today, lot of machine work in that bolt, and these are handsome rifles to boot

worked up my own load, not hot, figured it did not have to be, only shooting 200 yards, my group at 100 is 1 1/4", can not complain at all

Liam
04-24-2010, 02:25
I love the 6.5x55 also. Have 3 rifles - a Norwegian Krag and 2 Swede Mausers in the caliber. Fun to load for and comfortable to shoot. Love to see some pics of the CMP event once you are done. Best of luck!

pelago
07-07-2010, 03:35
actually bought a receiver only, going to work it up, seems to be quite a few different bullets out there and i could rebarrel in 6.5 with all the bullet options, just might make a good crow gun out of it, the receiver already was drilled and tapped for scope and bolt is already bent,

might be interesting

MJ1
09-17-2010, 06:49
Love mine. Shot one at Bisley and started shopping the next day till I found the first one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/montereyjack/fa29761f.jpg