PDA

View Full Version : Where have I seen this. Jobs

dryheat
09-03-2023, 04:23
There were 122,000 new jobs taken in the (last period of time).
But, 130,000 jobs were vacated during the same period. Notable, 93,000 of those jobs were left voluntarily. The former employed were confident that they could find another job without difficulty.

I went back to work after three years of retirement. Right after I went to work the Great Recession started. Shortly after that our Human Resources office was inundated with requests by former employees for jobs. It got so bad they shut the page down.

Is a down turn emminant? Ask ten people and get 10 different answers.
The Motley Fool continues to recommend ten stocks you need buy NOW!
Another guy said, the only thing that?s keeping the market afloat is wishful thinking.

How hard is it for 93,000 people find jobs in a downturn?

5thDragoons
09-04-2023, 05:32
Work after retirement? Not me!! SW

dryheat
09-04-2023, 10:31
I was getting bored and it was such a great place to work I stayed eight years.

Vern Humphrey
09-04-2023, 11:42
I started my own business -- Humphrey's Loafing, PC.

Are you working too hard? Contact me and I'll do all your for you. $100 a month.

Allen
09-04-2023, 11:47
I've read where armadillo's sleep 22 hours a day. I guess I'm turning into one.

dryheat
09-04-2023, 01:49
I have an aphgan on the back of the couch. My OCD brother asked me, don't you ever fold that up? Not when I take three naps I day.

lyman
09-04-2023, 06:45
Work after retirement? Not me!! SW

and yet, you are,,

(writing)

lyman
09-04-2023, 06:48
I will likely never retire,

not that I am broke, but I am a business owner, and it is my occupation now,

pay is OK, benefits are good,

during the week I get to work when I get there, and leave when I want (unless I have appointments)

I do work about 25 weekends a year, but I spent 42 yrs in retail so I never really had weekends, (to me a day is a day)

I'll be 60 at the end of the month, I may call it quits and actually retire at 70,,, maybe

blackhawknj
09-05-2023, 02:28
I worked part-time at a large limo company as a driver, then dispatcher, lots of retirees, with some it was the money, with a lot more, it was "get ouf of the house", too much of the wife's "Honey Do list", too much of the wife's friends, the MIL, the grandkids, being volunteered as a chauffeur, etc.

5thDragoons
09-05-2023, 06:45
and yet, you are,, (writing)

We could have quite a discussion on what constitutes work. Writing? Not a lot of effort involved. Actually, when I start typing, the story pretty much writes itself... if that makes any sense. Plus, I can write whenever I feel like it - my publisher doesn't give me deadlines. Maybe the criteria for work includes having to appear somewhere at a certain time. I like the freedom of retirement = I don't really need to be anywhere except Dr. appointments. Not a good idea to fart those off.

So I'm still going with I don't work, thank you very much! :icon_tongue: SW

lyman
09-05-2023, 10:03
We could have quite a discussion on what constitutes work. Writing? Not a lot of effort involved. Actually, when I start typing, the story pretty much writes itself... if that makes any sense. Plus, I can write whenever I feel like it - my publisher doesn't give me deadlines. Maybe the criteria for work includes having to appear somewhere at a certain time. I like the freedom of retirement = I don't really need to be anywhere except Dr. appointments. Not a good idea to fart those off.

So I'm still going with I don't work, thank you very much! :icon_tongue: SW

:1948: