PDA

View Full Version : Artificial Intelligence thingamajigs are not people says Judge ...

dogtag
08-20-2023, 05:57
I call them Robots and I already knew they weren't people.
It means anything created by one cannot be copyrighted.
That puts the kybosh on AIs making movies. Movies are bad
enough now with crap like Blue Beetle and Aquaman.
Stuff is so bad now that Godzilla is deemed a classic with
Plan Nine from Outer Space a close second.
Than Heaven for small mercies.

JohnMOhio
08-20-2023, 06:49
I think AI can be both good and bad. It has been reported that one AI managed to teach itself a new language that was not requested by the operators. What do we do when the "machine" becomes smarter than us? When it can't be shut down. When it can repair itself. When we loose control of it because it out smarted us humans. At that point it does not need humans to keep it active. What happens to humans the machine considers humans inferior and possibly a threat? So far any thing man has invented has had things go wrong/breakdown etc. What makes mankind think it can control AI in the future?

Just some random thoughts I have had in the past and recent months.

John

Allen
08-20-2023, 07:20
It means anything created by one cannot be copyrighted.
That puts the kybosh on AIs making movies.

I donno the limits but I would hope that AI would take the place of the Hollywood bunch. If an actor could be computer generated and look and sound realistic why pay some actor millions of dollars to read scripts?

While on that subject I never understood why high paid actors do voices on animated shows. Who cares where the voices come from as long as they are clear and get the points across? Kickback I suppose.

JohnMOhio
08-21-2023, 10:00
"I donno the limits" is the problem Allen. Can we guarantee that we can put limits on AI. We as a society can imagine the unlimited ability of AI but at this stage do not know how to control and set a limit. Intelligence by itself is only limited by the ability of a person. As a machine, how do we limit it's ability, to control it's power over mankind once we unleash it. When you really think about it, science fiction is on the verge of becoming reality. Will we be able to just pull the pug from the electrical outlet? Can the AI source defend itself. It may be programed to do so against a hacker, will it learn to defend itself from any attacker. Science fiction, one AI communicating with another AI. One is Russian, one is USA. Which one determines the other is a threat and launches an all out nuclear attack first.