PDA

View Full Version : You gotta be kidding me

RED
07-19-2023, 08:07
Saw this on Facebook. Order a .22 pistol and no FFL involved??

https://www.google.com/search?q=switch%20gun&tbm=

Here is part of the FB ad.

68 reviews
$3999
$29900
Save $259.01
Buy 2 get 20% OFF
Free Worldwide Shipping
Free Returns
7-15 Days Delivery
100% Secure Payments
BUY MORE SAVE MORE
Regular (with 10 bullets)

No where does the ad say any thing about a FFL and the sale price is $39.99 with ten bullets.

Allen
07-19-2023, 08:27
From what I read a transfer agent IS required for the Switch gun. Can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be.

"PLEASE ENTER THE INFORMATION OF THE GUN DEALER THAT WILL BE HANDLING YOUR TRANSFER (NAME, CITY, STATE) IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE WE WILL FIND ONE: REQUIRED"

Phloating Phlasher
07-19-2023, 12:22
I've reported that & several other "guns that don't look like guns" ads on Farcebook.
Nothing happens.
The secret really is to look at the ad header.
"SUGGESTED FOR YOU" = Paid advertising.
"SPONSORED" = Paid advertising.
Facebook does not allow firearm sales or adverts, so I reported them as "forbidden content"

I've even found the exact violation of Facebook's highly variable "Community Guidelines" & quoted it when arguing.
Nothing happens, I even asked how many pieces of silver were required to be passed over Mr Zukerberg's palm to allow you to flaunt them openly without repercussions.

dogtag
07-19-2023, 03:58
Just the bullets ? No case, no powder ?
and yeah, they're kidding.

RED
07-19-2023, 04:08
I've reported that & several other "guns that don't look like guns" ads on Farcebook.
Nothing happens.
The secret really is to look at the ad header.
"SUGGESTED FOR YOU" = Paid advertising.
"SPONSORED" = Paid advertising.
Facebook does not allow firearm sales or adverts, so I reported them as "forbidden content"

I've even found the exact violation of Facebook's highly variable "Community Guidelines" & quoted it when arguing.
Nothing happens, I even asked how many pieces of silver were required to be passed over Mr Zukerberg's palm to allow you to flaunt them openly without repercussions.

You post this thinking I am an idiot. I posted it to illustrate how scam riddling exists on Facrbook.

The ad I copied and pasted is a 100% scam. Anybody that was stupid enough to think they were buying a firearm would be out $39.99.

I don?t like people that are not able to understand when you see someone publicizing an obvious and criminal action and you preach a sermon.

I was a licensed FFL dealer for 18 years and a licensed collector for 12 more. Go preach elsewhere.

Allen
07-19-2023, 04:59
You post this thinking I am an idiot. I posted it to illustrate how scam riddling exists on Facrbook.

The ad I copied and pasted is a 100% scam. Anybody that was stupid enough to think they were buying a firearm would be out $39.99.

I don?t like people that are not able to understand when you see someone publicizing an obvious and criminal action and you preach a sermon.

I was a licensed FFL dealer for 18 years and a licensed collector for 12 more. Go preach elsewhere.

Chill out RED.

Looks to me PP was more in agreeance with you and not preaching a sermon.

Phloating Phlasher
07-20-2023, 10:55
I was.
I didn't think I was calling anybody an idiot?
Then I read your reply. Never mind.

RED
07-20-2023, 03:14
Let?s do not battle wits. You are unarmed.

Allen
07-20-2023, 04:00
This thread isn't going anywhere constructive.

Time for a new subject.