PDA

View Full Version : After all these years I still can't write a password that the computer likes

dryheat
06-20-2023, 07:04
I'd bet I have fifty passwords X-ed out in my book. There must be some important thing that you learn at computer school, that I never attended.

Vern Humphrey
06-21-2023, 08:55
I hate passwords. There are so many sites that demand passwords, and nowadays THEY dictate your password. Who can remember them all?

Allen
06-21-2023, 09:38
So many companies and on line sites rave on all their security programs yet accounts get hacked. Their "security measures" are YOU changing your password as frequently as possible. Every time you log on is preferred.

Then there are sites, particularly email sites that practically force you to combine accounts. They call them "recovery emails" with the emphasis on you being able to not lose your email info if one account goes South. In reality this is a hackers dream--they get into one account--they have them all.

mtnboomer
06-21-2023, 10:04
I have a 3"x5" spiral notebook that I put most website passwords in. It's the only way I can keep them straight.

Phloating Phlasher
06-21-2023, 10:55
I use Firefox as my Browser with Ghostery enabled & Duck duck go as my search engine.
The browser stores my passwords encrypted for me.
Its also big on not tracking & its free! Any loopholes are covered by the (also free) add on popup blocker.
Give them a try I think you'll be impressed.

RED
06-21-2023, 01:03
I have a 3"x5" spiral notebook that I put most website passwords in. It's the only way I can keep them straight.

So after the 10,000s and the spiral notebook is full, what do you do?.

JohnMOhio
06-21-2023, 03:35
Come on Red, the answer is easy. You purchase another spiral notebook.

Johnny P
06-21-2023, 05:51
What is really red azzing is doctor's office or insurance that requires password to get into your account, then sends you a message that their system has been compromsed and you need a new password.

Major Tom
06-22-2023, 05:54
I hate it when 'it' says that password has already been used.