PDA

View Full Version : Saturday coffee June 3

5thDragoons
06-03-2023, 05:28
No coffee yet - wifey makes it, but she's still snoozing so I'll wait a bit. The monsoons continue here. Rained pretty much every day for the week. No big deal for you back east folks, but it's very unusual here.

Concerning coffee, I saw the every morning inhale coffee and swap lies club waiting for the door to open at the local gro. They always show up early and hangout for around 4 hours. I can only drink so much coffee, so none of that for me! No point in telling lies with them, either. To paraphrase Mark Twain, "the first liar doesn't stand a chance."

No plans for the day or weekend, really. Write a bit and that's pretty much it. SW

SDigger
06-03-2023, 06:42
The coffee’s slowly kicking in & mobility flexibility is getting there,prolly tour the south side of the island & look things over then gotta visit the NSP Station to pick up a couple of things & shoot the breeze & maybe bend the elbow a few time’s.

Dragonsdad
06-03-2023, 12:27
Still working on my first cup.
At least I've had breakfast. Drained, cleaned and filled the hummingbird feeder. Started on the soil mix for a couple of containerized garden plants. Hops roots would be invasive if I just popped them into a garden bed. Seems like I did something else but what I thought might be worth sharing was learning that bone meal (for the phosphorus) isn't chemically available to the plants until it's been broken down (composted) by the microbial life in the soil. That ties together the Amish fixation for 'Life In The Soil', my own fixation with composting and some basic soil chemistry.

So I learned something.

lyman
06-03-2023, 04:25
up early, drove to CVille, shot a Service Rifle match, did about as poorly as I expected considering I rarely shoot any more

did learn that while I can still shoot kinda respectably off hand with irons, the other 3 positions (rapid sitting, rapid prone, slow prone ) are not conducive to aging vision and iron sights on a 20 inch AR,

so I will have to work with the scoped gun I built up a few years ago and get comfortable with it,

my work schedule is giving me 3 or 4 months of free days when the matches are held, so by Aug or Sept I might improve a bit,

either way, a good time, catching up with a good friend, and got hornswaggled into doing the paperwork for the matches in the next few months,

the match director , who has been running this match for 40 yrs, or so, has decided to give it up,
not sure who will step up and run the matches, but I will do the paperwork needed ( I have a key to the S Rifle target shed, so I can drive on one day and get what is needed, bring it home and do the reporting by the next match,

and it will give me an excuse for a range day, once in a while,

had a great lunch at Vision BBQ, (same good friends step son runs the place,) but did manage to leave my wallet there,
so a not really wanted road trip back up tomorrow to pick it up,

was supposed to rain this evening, so i cut the grass when I got back, and now the weather witches say no rain all week,

meaning I will have to water a bit ,,,

Dragonsdad
06-03-2023, 04:49
I say "Burn the Witches". They ain't earning their keep.

Scattered showers means everywhere but here.
If they'd just come out and say it plain I'd know if I have to water or not before the lawn either dries up or floats away.
I can guess on my own. I don't need a high paid witch for that.

SDigger
06-06-2023, 06:41
Coffee’s definitely been on da job working double overtime lately & greatly appreciated immensely!! Finally got the new 10-8KW Gen hooked up & pushing the double pump South well :eusa_dance:,guess we?ll be getting things ready for heading into the Hanksville Metropolis for a big 2K supply support & MO errands to take care of come Thursdiy or maybe Friday.
Cheer?s all.
And yep forgot;hopefully the monsoon rains arrive sooner then later!! :hello::icon_wink:

Dragonsdad
06-06-2023, 01:35
We have showers to the west of you that might be headed your way.
They're not doing much for me outside of a light misting but I guess it's either that or gully washers. I like having clouds around so, there's that.