PDA

View Full Version : Gun Range Fees

Robert Scott
05-23-2023, 05:08
My old gun range, lafayette gun club, in York County, Va. Now wants 700 buckeroos to rejoin after a 15 year lapse, plus 150 a year to shoot. When I was an original member they said it was good for life.....they lied..

I would like to hear what you all pay for membership.....does the above sound reasonable given today's Bidenflation???

one shot
05-23-2023, 05:10
25.00 a year nice place to

Robert Scott
05-23-2023, 05:18
I own 200 acres of land in Marion, NC with 800 yard range behind the house but it's 400 miles down there, I don't like driving anymore but I don't want to pay outrageous gun range fees either...

lyman
05-23-2023, 05:36
Rivanna Rifle and Pistol Club,

non resident member, as in I am more than 75 miles away, supposedly, and I think I pay $70 a year,

that's probably close to 3 hrs for you,

I know folks in the Gloucester area that drive up to Charles City (conservation park) to shoot

bruce
05-23-2023, 05:45
Local range owned and operated by the county charges $300 for a annual membership which allows unlimited use of the range. One day is $20/person. Pay be the month is $ 30/person. Years ago, range outside of Macon Ga. charged maybe $125.00/yr. for membership, but that was 17 years ago. Sincerely. bruce.

Allen
05-23-2023, 06:14
I don't belong to a range but have asked at a couple of places. One is $100 per year another is $100 per year or $10 to shoot if you're not a member.

I would check around if I were you.

Tom Trevor
05-23-2023, 06:19
River bend gun club in Georgia. 900.00 initiation fee and 330.00 annual dues.

Robert Scott
05-23-2023, 06:31

That's a lot of money just to shoot....

Robert Scott
05-23-2023, 07:08
I know folks in the Gloucester area that drive up to Charles City (conservation park) to shoot

I might check that out. Closer by is public Chickahominy range, but only from Sep to March.

https://dwr.virginia.gov/wma/chickahominy/

lyman
05-23-2023, 07:18
I might check that out. Closer by is public Chickahominy range, but only from Sep to March.

https://dwr.virginia.gov/wma/chickahominy/

there is a similar range in Amelia, with the same hours and schedule,

and it is not a great range,

you may want to look into the range in Irvington,

my brother moved to Deltaville, and is a member there,

they are fairly active, but I am not sure what disciplines they shoot,
or if they have a website,
I will be in our shop in Kilmarnock on Thursday, and will ask

I have heard of this place as well, but don't know anyone that goes there

https://middlesex-range.org/

Merc
05-23-2023, 08:40
I belong to two ranges:

(This one is pretty cheap.) One is near Pittsburgh. I pay $15/year for a senior membership plus $10/year is required to pay for a yearly NRA membership. Pistol and rifle target structures are usually well maintained. Pistol ranges are 10 and 25 yards. Rifle ranges are 50, 100 and 200 yards. Dedicated archery range is 50 yards. Some borough LEOs train there.

(This one is even cheaper.) The other is in Linesville, PA. I pay $7/year for a senior membership. 5 skeet machines. Pistol and rifle ranges are combined and are 25, 50 and 100 yards. The targe structures are always too badly shot up before they get replaced.

dryheat
05-24-2023, 01:02
I haven't been to our range in fifteen years. There are three places that we shoot at out in the boonies. Of course they aren't totally level.

JimF
05-24-2023, 06:26

My son is a member there . . . .BEAUTIFUL range and facility!

My kind of shooters there . . . .NO ?BLASTERS?! (They only try to see how fast they can empty a magazine!)

If I lived closer (Connecticut) I?d be a ?range rat? there, I?m sure!

Will this forum/site EVER fix this punctuation problem?

(Query marks instead of apostrophes and quotation marks)

lyman
05-24-2023, 07:50
there is a similar range in Amelia, with the same hours and schedule,

and it is not a great range,

you may want to look into the range in Irvington,

my brother moved to Deltaville, and is a member there,

they are fairly active, but I am not sure what disciplines they shoot,
or if they have a website,
I will be in our shop in Kilmarnock on Thursday, and will ask

I have heard of this place as well, but don't know anyone that goes there

https://middlesex-range.org/

this is the other range I was thinking of,

https://rprclub.com/

Robert Scott
05-24-2023, 08:16
this is the other range I was thinking of,

https://rprclub.com/

Thanks. About an hour north of me and nice drive too....

Art
05-24-2023, 09:19
$700.00 is a stout initiation fee. For that kind of money I'd want some great amenities.

The club I belong to costs me $270.00 a year which in my case includes three guest passes that allow me to bring friends and relatives to shoot for free an unlimited number of times. Membership is limited and new members have to wait for an old member to move, get kicked out, or die. It has two rifle ranges one 200 yards and the other 600 yards. There are three 50 yard bays one of which is restricted to pistols and rimfire rifles. There is also an "informal shotgun range" which gets very little use.

A couple of things I like about the place I shoot are: it allows, within reason, some tactical training/practice, drawing from the holster ect. in the 50 yd bays, and shooting rifles isn't restricted to the bench, off hand, prone and other standard shooting positions are allowed.

Major Tom
05-24-2023, 01:19
In S.E. Iowa, Big Hollow gun range. Outdoors, covered firing lines, 25, 50, 100,and 300 yard ranges. No range officer. $35 p/year includes one guest.

barretcreek
05-24-2023, 02:04
Local range $75/year plus $25 work bond. 200yd big bore, trap,skeet, outdoor pistol, indoor pistol only, and tactical ranges. We own the land and added to it in late 90s. Half baked 600 yd range but I don't like it; I'll drive 45 mins to shoot in my lower pasture. Trap only club is ~75 miles away. Wed and Sundays but there's a token operated range any day. $75 year.

Vern Humphrey
05-24-2023, 02:14
I used to belong to the Lafayette Gun Club in York County, VA -- but moved away many years ago. Right now there's a great FREE range in the Ozark National Forest not far from my house, and of course I have my own range on my farm.

Robert Scott
05-24-2023, 03:08
I used to belong to the Lafayette Gun Club in York County, VA -- but moved away many years ago. Right now there's a great FREE range in the Ozark National Forest not far from my house, and of course I have my own range on my farm.

I thought you would chime in eventually cause you used to live here. What were the fees back then?

Ltdave
05-24-2023, 05:19
Blue Water Sportsman's Association
Kimball Michigan
$150 a year (i think. i have a renewal coming up 1 July)

2-200yd rifle ranges (one is part of the 600yd range only open during events)
2-100yd rifle ranges (one is 100yd only, the other is part of the 200yd range)
so that breaks down like this. 100yd range, multi-distance 200yd range, multi-distance 600yd range

10-50/70yd pistol ranges

5-stand shotgun

3-skeet fields

7-trap fields

25yd indoor pistol range open only during events which sometimes is 10m Air or 50ft smallbore

there's a woods walk path that they sometimes do 3-D archery on

membership gets you reduced fees for events otherwise the outdoor ranges are free if theyre not in use for an event. $20 per day for visitors to come out and shoot.

all of the ranges (except the 600yd firing line) has overhead and most have some sort of benches and the pistol bays are all filled with gravel so there's not too much mud/water to worry about.

the place was $75 a year when i first joined in 1994 but there wasnt anywhere NEAR this much development. another semi-local club is only about $50 but they have some impact berms with places to hang targets and i think 2 trap fields. might have an indoor range too. another semi-ish local club is $200 a year but they have a 40 hour work requirement for members as well and their stuff is rather spread out and hard to navigate. their indoor range (the clubhouse sits above it like BWSA does) is in horrendous shape. its like being in a cave

Vern Humphrey
05-28-2023, 02:31
I thought you would chime in eventually cause you used to live here. What were the fees back then?

$75 a year.