PDA

View Full Version : Saturday coffee thread April 8

5thDragoons
04-08-2023, 06:17
Much nicer here - snow is pretty well gone now. For other signs of spring, when I took Flop Ears for the morning short hike, she found a goose nest in the same place as last spring. It's right up against a chain link fence so she couldn't mess with it, but coons could - like last year. Saw it yesterday and nicked a roll from wifey's dinner supplies. Geese really like them.

This nest is pretty well in the open, even if protected by the fence so it won't surprise me to see it moved again.

I did house mouse stuff yesterday in preparation for dinner tomorrow. I'm holding off on lawn work until Monday, which means today will mostly be goofing off - maybe a little writing. SW

Allen
04-08-2023, 06:44
Geese and ducks will eat ANYTHING.

lyman
04-08-2023, 08:03
chilly here, esp after it being in the 80's a couple days ago,

wife due back in town soon, she was at her sisters the past few days keeping an eye on her, (have some kidney issues)

up early for me, hit the farmers market for some fresh real chicken eggs, (not those bland store bought ones) and a few early season veggies,

nice asian lady has a trailer, and sells dumplings, eggrolls and Vietnamese Spring rolls that are mighty damn delicious, so that was breakfast,

Doc Sharptail
04-08-2023, 10:27
About 34F here.
We got clipped with a Colorado low a couple of days ago.
It is going to take a while to melt.
We didn't get the freezing rain that eastern Ontario and Quebec got.
Ain't had first caff yet- will decide after that how the rest of the day will go.
Got a nice big smoked picnic shoulder for tomorrow, which I'm looking forward to.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

WpnsMan
04-08-2023, 01:54
WpnsMan checking in,

Thanks to Lyman for making this happen. Now we need to get the word out and invite the old MF crew.

Dragonsdad
04-10-2023, 05:36
The old YF is history now? That's a shame.
I know some of you folks had been there awhile.
If nobody minds, I'll be dropping in for Saturday Morning coffee and status updates.

Allen
04-10-2023, 05:38
I'm sure they will welcome that.

5thDragoons
04-10-2023, 06:22
Great to see you here, Dragonsdad!! SW

Dragonsdad
04-10-2023, 06:33
Great to see you here, Dragonsdad!! SW

Thank You, Sir.
Nice to be here.