PDA

View Full Version : Speed Limit Enforcement Part 3

Allen
03-12-2023, 03:46
Part 3 as if the other 2 pages weren't enough.

rayg
03-13-2023, 05:37
Lol, they were all great!

Merc
03-13-2023, 08:16
I noticed the general lack of LEOs patrolling the interstates in Florida seemed to be a lot worse this year, and found it both amazing and appalling. We spent a lot of time traveling I-75 in January and February and we traveled I-95 and I-10 going to and from Florida where the 70 MPH speed limit is totally ignored. It seemed most drivers are going well over 80 MPH and many were weaving in and out of traffic. I lost count of the kids on those high RPM European motor cycles flying by us at over 100 MPH. We saw several really bad wrecks where the cars were totally unrecognizable. The interstates in Florida are much too crowded to be totally ignored by the state police.

Mark in Ottawa
03-13-2023, 12:20
I noticed the general lack of LEOs patrolling the interstates in Florida seemed to be a lot worse this year, and found it both amazing and appalling. We spent a lot of time traveling I-75 in January and February and we traveled I-95 and I-10 going to and from Florida where the 70 MPH speed limit is totally ignored. It seemed most drivers are going well over 80 MPH and many were weaving in and out of traffic. I lost count of the kids on those high RPM European motor cycles flying by us at over 100 MPH. We saw several really bad wrecks where the cars were totally unrecognizable. The interstates in Florida are much too crowded to be totally ignored by the state police.

I agree. When we cross the border into Florida on the I95, the effective speed limit becomes about 85 mph. Interestingly, the one speed limit that is always honored is the 20 mph in school areas when the warning lights are flashing. I have seen the otherwise most idiotic drivers come down to that speed and creep past the school zone but have never seen a police officer there to enforce it. I don't know whether the Florida drivers are that concerned about school safety or if they are scared of the consequences of speeding in a school zone if they do get caught.

Allen
03-13-2023, 01:25
One of the local news stations in Mobile, AL planned to make a big deal out of speeders in school zones and did a live presentation. They ended up eating crow---all the speeders ended up being the school bus drivers.