PDA

View Full Version : Authentic and Historic Paratrooper Boots

Nick Riviezzo
04-20-2010, 02:54
First, let me say I have no dog in this fight. NO monetary interest, no profit. This is a public service announcement so to speak. Corcoran, the producer of the original WWII Paratrooper[Jump] Boots is now making the historic BROWN Jump boots as the originals from the 2nd unpleseantness. I have worn Corcoran Jump boots[black,of course] since I left basic training in 1963.[Yes, I am AIRBORNE!] 23 years in the Army and 24 years as a contract flight instructor. I just retired and now have become aware of these new Corcorans.I ordered a pair and BOY,am I impressed!They come with a pair of brown and yellow synthetic laces AND a pair of leather laces.You re-enactors and lovers of "the way we were"do a google on Corcoran Boots # 1510. I found sites with these boots from $139.95 to $179.95. If you buy a pair and break your feet into them[yup,just like ol'times]you won't be sorry.AIRBORNE SIR!!! Nick [all I need now is a Thompson, I have a WWII camo parachute!]

Dan Shapiro
04-20-2010, 03:09
When I got out after 3 years, 7 months and 3 days (no I was not counting!), the only things I brought home with me were my boonie hat, dog tags and my Corcorans.

Michaelp
04-25-2010, 02:49
Most of the guys I was with found Corcorans useless in the field-mid 60s.

They were too restrictive and stiff. Also very expensive and we didn't get paid much.

The issued "Leg" boots were great for everyday stuff-din' have tennies or running shoes.

Jungles were good for VN.

Corcorans were pretty costly, but most of us had them for class A wear.

Spent many an hour spitshining them. Fortunately only the caps and heels.