PDA

View Full Version : New Amm;unition from the CMP

Art
02-21-2023, 09:18
I understand the CMP has come into a new stock of surplus ammunition, .30 M2 ball, .30 Carbine and .22 LR. No word on where its from, how its packed or when it will be available. The CMP is supposed to be inventorying and inspecting it now.

We will see.....

Shomway
02-21-2023, 12:30
All sales will include set limits to remain in compliance with guidelines specified in the Memorandum of Agreement between the Department of the Army and the CMP.
I'm assuming it came direct from the Army storage. The .22 ammo to me seems to be the give away....

bruce
02-21-2023, 12:31
Whatever it is, wherever it is from, the CMP has it!!! How long time we can buy it? Soon. Hopefully. Soon. Sincerely. bruce.

Allen
02-21-2023, 01:40
Thanks for the info.

Amazing that it is available during these times of corrupt government.

dryheat
03-05-2023, 08:08
The navy was kind of wimpy. In boot camp we went to the range and fired .22's. I want to say they were Ruger M1's or something.

04-05-2023, 12:25
Hope they fix their site!!

Art
04-11-2023, 01:36
OK, it looks like this ammo is coming up for sale. I understand the cost is 240.00 rounds of .30 carbine in clips in bandoleers for 108.00. The .30-06 is pricier, 400 rounds for $392.00, I figure its in cartons. There are sales limits on this stuff. I understand the .30 Carbine and .30-06 are Lake City. At over 90 cents a shot the .30-06 doesn't look like a bargain but of course I don't know the condition yet either.

This is hearsay but my source is usually reliable.

BuckeyeShooter
04-11-2023, 02:46
Art your right on. I received this email from CMP today.

$1.03 a round for Garand ammo. Ugh.

CMP Surplus Ammunition purchase is open to all qualified individuals!

As recently announced, the Civilian Marksmanship Program has acquired a supply of surplus ammunition. Starting today, April 11, 2023, qualified individuals will be able to purchase surplus .30-06, 400 round cans; .30 Carbine in 240 round boxes; and .22 in a 500-round brick. Those wishing to purchase can use the CMP Universal Order Form on the CMP website at https://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/ordering-information/ to place their order. Customers must have a current CMP affiliated club membership and proof of citizenship.

CMP has set a limit of 1 can for the .3006 ammunition, 2 boxes of .30 Carbine, and 2 bricks of .22 per person. Orders will be processed in a first-come, first-served sequence. Ammunition will be available via E-Store and mail order. The Ohio store will have an allocated amount of each caliber available for customers to purchase. The ammunition will ship from Anniston and not physically available in the Ohio store. Anniston and Talladega will also have allocated amounts available for store customers to purchase and will be physically available in the store.

Additionally, certain quantities of the ammunition will be reserved for competitors to buy at CMP events and for multiple years. For example, later this year ammunition will be for sale for registered and qualifying competitors at the Eastern Games, CMP Bianchi Cup, the Talladega 600, the National Matches and the New England Games. Competitors will fill out order forms at these events and the ammunition will be shipped from Anniston AL.

Item # 4S3006LCM2-400 (Limit one can per customer)
$392 per can plus $21 S&H (AK & HI S&H is $102)

Item # 4S30CARB-240 (Limit 2 boxes per customer)
$108 per box plus $12.95 S&H (AK & HI S&H is $74)

Item # 4S22PISTOL-500 (Limit 2 bricks per customer.)
$40 per brick plus $12.95 S&H (AK & HI S&H is $68.95)

*Shipping prices are per item*
Surplus Ammo DOES NOT qualify for free shipping.

ORDER SURPLUS AMMUNITION ON THE CMP ESTORE

As a reminder, commercial ammunition sales are currently available on the CMP E-Store to qualified individuals. Register for an account or browse the CMP E-Store.

Customers are encouraged to sign up for CMP Sales updates to receive email notifications at https://thecmp.org/news-media/emailarchives/email-signup/. Any specific questions regarding the surplus ammunition can be directed to CMP Customer Service at custserve@thecmp.org.