PDA

View Full Version : Then he didn't know what he was doing

dryheat
02-20-2023, 10:45
https://www.foxnews.com/us/buffalo-mass-shooter-payton-gendron-sentenced-life-prison

Like most mass shooters, he didn't have a defined plan. He apologized. A little late for that jackass. Probably wasn't really apologizing anyway. Just a shot at leniency.
If you think you need to shoot people, know what you are shooting them for. But most of them(young shooters) are just some young kids who had a poor upbringing.
If your government or Supreme Leader tells you to shoot people, you do it because. That's easy and guiltless, more or less. If you take on the responsibility of shooting ten year old's you better really know a little history or something about why your doing it. Most don't. If they could get past that period they might live nice lives. Still haunted but harmless. Late night analysis.

barretcreek
02-21-2023, 10:48
LE says he posted a lengthy manifesto online. He chose a predominately black population and was deliberate. Also plea bargained to avoid the death penalty.

RED
02-21-2023, 03:54
He will probably regret not taking the death by a painless drug as he is killed very painfully by other inmates.

blackhawknj
02-22-2023, 07:47
No capital punishment in New York, outlawed by judicial fiat in 2004. He will probably join the Aryan Brotherhood or some similar group.

dryheat
02-22-2023, 09:28
There's been around 70 "mass shootings" since the first of the year. I guess that's more than one person shot. That's incomprehensible. AZ has a problem with young people committing suicide.
What is it? Too much phone time? No "rudder"? No hope? Not enough time walking in the woods? Living in a big city? Living in a boring small town? Minds invaded by aliens?
We had weirdos when I was a kid. They are always there. You knew who they were in the fifth grade. Lock up your children, lock up your wives, lock up your guns.

blackhawknj
02-22-2023, 11:47
50-60 years ago, we had the guns, we didn't have the drugs. Also people who were "mental", refused to abide by society's laws and norms could be "committed"-when was the last time you heard of that happening ?

Art
02-22-2023, 12:58
There's been around 70 "mass shootings" since the first of the year.

There is actually an official definition of "mass shooting;" Four people shot in one incident.

- - - Updated - - -

50-60 years ago, we had the guns, we didn't have the drugs. Also people who were "mental", refused to abide by society's laws and norms could be "committed"-when was the last time you heard of that happening ?

You have hit on a big point. About 40 years ago we decided committing people, even people seriously mentally ill, was a bad idea. The consequences of that idea get worse by the year, especially when combined with idiotic "reforms" relating to bail and sentencing.

Vern Humphrey
02-22-2023, 02:12
There's been around 70 "mass shootings" since the first of the year. I guess that's more than one person shot. That's incomprehensible. AZ has a problem with young people committing suicide.
What is it? Too much phone time? No "rudder"? No hope? Not enough time walking in the woods? Living in a big city? Living in a boring small town? Minds invaded by aliens?
We had weirdos when I was a kid. They are always there. You knew who they were in the fifth grade. Lock up your children, lock up your wives, lock up your guns.

What it is is not enough victims returning fire.

dryheat
02-22-2023, 03:31
Once in a great while there is someone who is prepared and in the right place at the right time.
There was a guy who was holding up a cafe with a plastic gun. He had been in jail for it before. An old guy played it cool and when he got the chance he killed him. Plastic gun or not it was a great move.

dogtag
02-22-2023, 06:54
I opined during the "Lockdowns" that I thought depriving kids
of schooling and the playtime with other kids plus not being able
to see a best friend for a prolonged period could well be disastrous later.
I'm not saying it led to these shootings but it may have contributed..

dryheat
02-22-2023, 07:19
I opined during the "Lockdowns" that I thought depriving kids
of schooling and the playtime with other kids plus not being able
to see a best friend for a prolonged period could well be disastrous later.
I'm not saying it led to these shootings but it may have contributed..

Totally agree. It was like a science experiment. No way could that be good for kids except to toughen them up some and maybe that was beneficial. Except it might have made weird kids weirder. Covid was our latest version of war.