PDA

View Full Version : The battle field today

dryheat
01-02-2023, 09:41
A football player died on the field. Kind of a shocking event. But it is a whole lot less awful generally than warfare.

https://www.aol.com/sports/bills-damar-hamlin-collapses-hard-021642155.html

*He is in critical condition.

Allen
01-02-2023, 10:04
I was watching that game when it happened. The player was tackled. When he got up he stood up straight, then fell backwards and collapsed. He was given CPR on the field and the game was suspended. I see a lot of football injuries. The worse ones are put on a Gater or similar 4 wheeler, driven out to the parking lot and loaded into an ambulance.

This is the first time I've seen an ambulance drive into the field and the game suspended.

The articles I'm reading state he is still alive and his vital signs are returning.

I normally don't watch the NFL but some of the new guys are college players I previously kept up with watching college ball.

But yeah, I agree with you on the warfare. Many people get killed or maimed for life and there's hardly any concern--they're just numbers.

Former Cav
01-03-2023, 10:28
and after you get crippled for life in warfare, the army, us govt and v a turn their backs on you!!
and civilian society HATES you and DISCRIMINATES against you.
I was LUCKY and I shut the he11 up and went to work and I was smart enough to realize I had to take it off my resume that I was a Vietnam Veteran.
Took 50 years to get compensation for combat injuries that were all on paper.
I paid for my own healthcare via commercial insurance etc.
I'm glad I am OLD and don't have long left to live.
I know a LOT of other vets that had it a LOT worse then I did. Some of them NEVER got a dime and are dead and gone!
I am Just stating this as a "FACT". Not whining! Like I said, I came out pretty good with my work ethics.
the ONE good thing I DID get (for "free") was 2 years of the GI Bill at the technical college which enabled me to make a living.
God Bless our VETS!!

Roadkingtrax
01-03-2023, 01:03
Not expected at a football game.

Expected, or at least understood, when you sign the contract with the government for military service.

I'm sure the veteran virtue signaling will soon follow (or has already begun).