PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Amendment and Politics

JohnMOhio
11-10-2022, 04:45
This is the second time I have returned in the last few days and I find that you need to enter a password to open the titled forum. When I visited the other day, I thought that it was something temporary.

What I find is that for the actions of a few, rather than banning them for a time period or forever, you now make it inconvenient for the rest of us with having to enter/save another password. Something like trying to ban AR's for the actions of a few.

If it is not changed in the next 30 days, I will be leaving this forum. I regret that I will do this in protest. I have not been one to post numerous times. Only when I felt I had something to offer either in the form of a question or answer another's question.

I have written my opinion. Not any more to say on this subject for now.

dogtag
11-10-2022, 06:19
It was designed to get rid of a couple of leftist pests who contributed nothing except rubbish.
There's no need to sulk, If you're not a pest just ask Lyman for the password.

Allen
11-10-2022, 09:23
Also, it's difficult to ban the troll since he has numerous names and IP addresses so this was a needed first step for improving things here.

Some things published on the 2A board can be viewed by children and the general public the way it was. Possible liability issues could occur as well because of this so best it is limited and protected by use of a separate password that must be requested. In addition, some members that chose to view "gun only" articles requested the separation of the political section bickering, most of which is gone now.

Stick with us John. Just stay logged in and you won't need to enter your passwords every time you visit here.

lyman
11-11-2022, 04:23
This is the second time I have returned in the last few days and I find that you need to enter a password to open the titled forum. When I visited the other day, I thought that it was something temporary.

What I find is that for the actions of a few, rather than banning them for a time period or forever, you now make it inconvenient for the rest of us with having to enter/save another password. Something like trying to ban AR's for the actions of a few.

If it is not changed in the next 30 days, I will be leaving this forum. I regret that I will do this in protest. I have not been one to post numerous times. Only when I felt I had something to offer either in the form of a question or answer another's question.

I have written my opinion. Not any more to say on this subject for now.

your opinion is duly noted,

if you had hung around more often, you would have noticed that there was a poll, or a question to the members, on whether or not to implement the password protection on the 2nd Amendment part,

a good part of the membership here approved it,

so, trolls or not, if you don't want to see the political stuff, you won't,, with out the password

Roadkingtrax
11-11-2022, 09:19
It was designed to get rid of a couple of leftist pests who contributed nothing except rubbish.
There's no need to sulk, If you're not a pest just ask Lyman for the password.

Quite the opposite. It was to keep a lid on the rubbish tin in the forum basement.

It's doing a damn fine job too!

Ken The Kanuck
11-11-2022, 09:44
John, I asked Lyman a few days ago to be re-instated as I have noticed the forum appears to be more civil. You have asked me to return in the past and I did not want to. It appears that the work done by the mods is paying off. Me, personally I have very little interest in entering the political arena. Mind you when the Major was around, I was very appreciative of his attempts to educate me on the American system. He did so in a way that did not belittle me.

But more importantly, today is a day to thank our servicemen past and present. Myself and my family are shortly heading down to the cenotaph.

Thanks for your service and our freedom.

Johnny P
11-11-2022, 09:48
Quite the opposite. It was to keep a lid on the rubbish tin in the forum basement.

Here we go again.

Roadkingtrax
11-11-2022, 10:45
Here we go again.

I'm happily not involved. Clearly you don't enjoy the peace and quiet.

RED
11-11-2022, 02:21
Thanks Ken for coming back! You have always been a great source for information.

So here is a question you may (or maybe not) know the answer.

I have occasionally sipped some Canadian whiskey, namely Seagrams 7 and Crown Royal, and it was always labeled Canadian Blended Whiskey. Recently I bought a bottle of Seagrams 7 and it is labelled American Blended Whiskey.

Do you know why the label changed?

lyman
11-11-2022, 03:39
Here we go again.

he made a valid point

lyman
11-11-2022, 03:45

however the subtle insults need to be kept to yourself,

Ken The Kanuck
11-11-2022, 03:51
Thanks Ken for coming back! You have always been a great source for information.

So here is a question you may (or maybe not) know the answer.

I have occasionally sipped some Canadian whiskey, namely Seagrams 7 and Crown Royal, and it was always labeled Canadian Blended Whiskey. Recently I bought a bottle of Seagrams 7 and it is labelled American Blended Whiskey.

Do you know why the label changed?

You know Red that we were on a cruise to Alaska about a month or so ago and they were selling "American Rye" whiskey. This also confused me as I thought American whiskey was Bourbon, Scottish whiskey was Scottish, Irish whiskey is Irish and Canadian whiskey is rye.

At any rate as a rye whiskey drinker I suggest "Alberta Springs" or " 40 Creek", these are not blended and I feel that they are better.

Glad to hear another old fart is still kicking, I did miss some of those who passed on.

Roadkingtrax
11-11-2022, 04:14
however the subtle insults need to be kept to yourself,

I thought it was a compliment.

JohnMOhio
11-11-2022, 06:05
Well folks I surrendered and obtained the password. I am sorry to have missed the poll that was taken. It was probably during the time I had been receiving cancer treatment. Was not up to being on the computer at all. Guess things change quicker here than in DC. I too, was not happy with many of the personal attacks. Those attacks were directed at some of the friends I have made over the years, and I kept my "mouth" shut not wanting to expand the episode. I kept coming back and noticed some of my friends we no longer posting and it was because of those personal attacks. I remember a time where the most heated arguments were in describing the history of a firearm according to the markings etc. that appeared on the stock. However, it never became a personal attack. As I recall, one time we discussed membership and I said we have the best people with the most knowledge of the selected firearms that we gather here to discuss. The conclusion as I recall was that these "experts" help make this site what it is and they contributed enormously to our memberships knowledge that soon we had new experts taking the place of those we lost as they went home to their Lord and Savior. I guess I have said enough for now. God Bless all those that post here. God Bless our Country and those that serve Her.

barretcreek
11-11-2022, 07:02
KtK,

If you read up on the Colonial economy I think you will find rye was a staple crop, more so than corn or more properly maize.

And welcome back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVWTeXzgkJE

JohnMOhio
11-12-2022, 06:50
Since drinks were brought into the thread I might as well include my opinion. One of the blended whiskies we folks thought was excellent was Canadian Club. Stuck with that brand for many years until there was a shortage at the local state store. The fellow behind the counter recommended we try Hallers SRS. aka Hallers Special Reserve Stock. This is a full quart rather than a fifth. Taste, would hardly know the difference between it and Canadian Club. Just for your information.

Allen
11-12-2022, 07:34
Drinks.

I've mentioned before that I seldom drink and when I do it's at home. I will never drive if I have a buzz, not that the alcohol would be affecting my driving but if I got pulled over for any reason it could be detected that I had been drinking and would end up with a DUI charge that stays on your record basically forever.

That being said. I like whiskey sours. I drink one or two a year. They're easy to make: One part bourbon or whisky, one part lemon juice (or fake lemon juice), a couple teaspoons of sugar, splenda or stevia, then poured over crushed ice.

Mogan David wine is way too sweet for many of us. My personal discovery is to mix 2 parts of the too sweet wine with one part Barcardi light rum and pour over crushed ice. It taste a lot like the old Malt Duck wine coolers. Very smooth but it will sneak up on you and clobber you.

Last and least of my favorite "girly drinks" is Vodka mixed with cranberry juice. Try it. The cranberry juice removes all the alcohol taste in the vodka and the vodka removes all the bite of the cranberry juice. Mix about one part per one part (give or take) and pour over crushed ice.

Again, I'm not a drinker but like something different every so often and don't like to feel I'm drinking gasoline.

Like Cheech and Chong said about grandma's brownies: "man, they're so good I can eat one of them".

Vern Humphrey
11-12-2022, 07:54
Here we go again.

He labors under the delusion that we don't believe he has a rectum, so he has to keep showing it to us.

JohnMOhio
11-12-2022, 07:12
Alternative use of Mogan David. Get the black raspberry, pour it over soft vanilla ice cream. Or you have the option of putting some in a vanilla milk shake, mix well.

Allen
11-12-2022, 07:33
Alternative use of Mogan David. Get the black raspberry, pour it over soft vanilla ice cream. Or you have the option of putting some in a vanilla milk shake, mix well.

Didn't know they made the raspberry till the other day. Not sold at WM so I didn't know about it. Manischewitz is even sweeter than Mogan David.

Tried some Captain Morgan Black Spiced Rum in some Blue Bell egg nog ice cream the other day. Didn't turn out too well. I think it is because I like the Blue Bell so much I don't want to alter the taste. Will try the rum in liquid nog next.

Tis the season.

JohnMOhio
11-12-2022, 08:48
Allen, you mentioned egg nog. Try a whiskey glass of Old Grand Dad in it. I think you will find it rather tasty. Add more if you like. Serve cold and in individual glasses and add the Grand Dad at the time of serving.

Allen
11-12-2022, 09:08
Allen, you mentioned egg nog. Try a whiskey glass of Old Grand Dad in it. I think you will find it rather tasty. Add more if you like. Serve cold and in individual glasses and add the Grand Dad at the time of serving.

I'll try that. For some reason there is a very limited window for store bought egg nog. Don't know why it's only a Thanksgiving thru Christmas thing. Best if home made anyway.

Evan makes a low octane bourbon and comes in flavors too like apple, peach, cherry, honey and cinnamon but they are very sweet.

lyman
11-13-2022, 05:11
Old Granddad is a fine Bourbon, 2 fingers in a short glass or tumbler with a splash of water,
best way to drink it,

Ken The Kanuck
11-13-2022, 06:21
KtK,

If you read up on the Colonial economy I think you will find rye was a staple crop, more so than corn or more properly maize.

And welcome back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVWTeXzgkJE

Thanks for the video, I noticed that the women are particularly good looking in that video, but rye whiskey causes that to happen often

Mark in Ottawa
11-16-2022, 04:38
John, I asked Lyman a few days ago to be re-instated as I have noticed the forum appears to be more civil. You have asked me to return in the past and I did not want to. It appears that the work done by the mods is paying off. Me, personally I have very little interest in entering the political arena. Mind you when the Major was around, I was very appreciative of his attempts to educate me on the American system. He did so in a way that did not belittle me.

But more importantly, today is a day to thank our servicemen past and present. Myself and my family are shortly heading down to the cenotaph.

Thanks for your service and our freedom.

Welcome back. Always good to have another Canadian to keep me honest