PDA

View Full Version : Outstanding!

barretcreek
11-09-2022, 04:35
https://www.dailywire.com/news/oculus-founder-defense-contractor-developing-vr-headset-that-kills-user-if-avatar-dies-in-game

Just in time for Xmas. Hope this is a best seller. Shades of 'The Most Dangerous Game'.

Be careful of gifts this year.

Allen
11-09-2022, 04:49
I read about that the other day but didn't study the article very well because it didn't seem real (or legal). I also read where it needs to be tested better but they can't find volunteers.

jmm03
11-09-2022, 05:33
actually, some of the latest crop of legislators would probably be willing subjects, most of them appear brain dead already... Jim

barretcreek
11-10-2022, 10:09
I think this is semi serious; VR goggles which would punish the wearer when their avatar gets injured or killed. Good training aid to bridge the gap between who we are now and Robocop. A training collar for people.
This outfit is a DoD contractor. A Chinese post doc (in Wisconsin?) wrote a genome for a 100% fatal flu variant and Brits tested a covid with 80% fatality in mice. Why not sell D.C. a training aid to ensure soldiers don't get squeamish about pulling the trigger on a neighbor?

Allen
11-10-2022, 11:33
Brits tested a covid with 80% fatality in mice.

Boston. Why ?

dogtag
11-10-2022, 06:08
Just so happens I watched my copy of The Most Dangerous Game a few nights ago
Joel McCrae, Fay Wray and some vicious Dogs.

spelling error