View Full Version : The Queen Broke a 450-Year-old Palace Tradition

rayg
09-10-2022, 04:06
The Queen Broke a 450-Year-old Palace Tradition to Honor Americans After 9/11

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/queens-9-11-tribute/

Allen
09-10-2022, 08:29
Good article. Thanks for posting.

Glad we have these ties between us and them.

On an unrelated note Trump made a touching praise about his time with the queen. Got a lot of positive marks on the reader reviews the world over at the bottom of the article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11198833/Donald-Trump-pays-exceptionally-moving-tribute-extraordinary-Queen-Elizabeth.html

dryheat
09-11-2022, 12:14
Allen, I'm sure Donald had those exact feelings, but did he write that? It's hard to think about this in those terms without getting a little misty. Melania could have worn flats but maybe that would have been condescending.

Allen
09-11-2022, 06:30
Allen, I'm sure Donald had those exact feelings, but did he write that? It's hard to think about this in those terms without getting a little misty. Melania could have worn flats but maybe that would have been condescending.

If you listen to Trump speak you realize his vocabulary is somewhat limited. All politicians on both sides have aids who write speeches for them so yeah, I'm sure someone helped with this or wrote it in it's entirety. I'm also sure Trump approved of it and doesn't dispute any of the events.

I remember watching the visit and all the good reviews on both sides of the pond.

Roadkingtrax
09-11-2022, 03:07

No, he's dumber than a bag of hammers.

Johnny P
09-11-2022, 04:07
No, he's dumber than a bag of hammers.

Can't leave it alone can you. But you think those were Biden's own words when he spoke about 9/11? He can't even read, much less speak.

lyman
09-11-2022, 05:34
gents, politics go where?

that's right ,, not here,