PDA

View Full Version : Top Gun: Maverick 2022

Allen
08-17-2022, 09:03
Just curious if any of you have seen this new version and what your opinions are. I don't go to the big screen theaters any longer but obviously will watch it when it is released to TV.

All I've seen in the movie trailers is Tom Cruise's face flying around--something I can live without along with the "required by Hollywood" love story in the background. There has to be more to it?

I've read where the reference to Val Kilmer was touching and well done.

jjrothWA
08-17-2022, 04:41
Good movie, nice special effects.

Got the dvd of To[ Gun for reviewing but caught some last time of air.

Ltdave
08-17-2022, 07:34
i thought it was a great film. very little if any CGI which is very important to me. CGI just makes movies look like crap. so completely unrealistic...

Val Kilmer's part is a good one. it helps the story line a LOT...

the "required by hollywood" love story in the background wasnt over the top nor in your face. it actually tied in nicely.

im NOT a huge Cruise fan but for all of the flying involved that was REAL FLYING (see above about lack of CGI) it was a very good movie. seeing it on the big(er) screen v. TV was a plus...

barretcreek
08-18-2022, 10:36
Yeah, Cruise said he makes movies for the big screen not the little one. That's where I want to see it. Same with 'Greyhound', even with the CGI. And real flying? Gotta be.

kj47
08-18-2022, 02:57
Yes, Maverick Top Gun 2022 was a great movie.

M1Tommy
08-18-2022, 08:32
It was more of Top Gun and Maverick.... but a good movie. I watched it twice, a really unusual thing for me, reserved for movies like Conan the Barbarian, Master & Commander Far Side of the World, and Amadeus, oh and The Blues Brothers.
Enjoy,
Tommy

Allen
08-18-2022, 08:33
Thanks for the responses. I've heard nothing negative about the movie, just wasn't too convinced by the trailers presented.

Agree, this is THE very type show you want to see at the theater with the huge screen and the dramatic sound effects. My wife and I use to average a show about every week. Due to mostly liberals being cast and then the covid we just avoid theaters now.