PDA

View Full Version : Master Po's and Lane's tips

PWC
08-12-2022, 05:03
There is a lot of history here from the Major Culver, Bruce Canfield, Gunny Gus Fisher, Bodyman, and many others. Some you can find in very early posts in the gun forums. Gus was the USMC armorer for their competition teams and he knows the M1, M14, and 1911 better'n anybody I know. All of these people have left CSP, some thru being recalled, others just moving on.

Much of their knowledge is now contained in Lane's Tips. I am attaching a link to the site where Lane's tips now repose. If you are interested in the old Mil Surplus wooden warriors, you might want to go there and DOWNLOAD / COPY any info you want. The Wayback Machine, even though it claims 725 billion pages archived; things I have seen have disappeared, so a long time ago I started downloading / copying any info on the web I thought I needed. Glad I did.

You'll have to copy and paste in your browser:

http://web.archive.org/web/20020705092507/http://www.jouster.com/lanestips/

bruce
08-12-2022, 05:59
Thank you in the extreme for this post and the link! Thought I'd never see Lane's CSP tips! Oh, and Master Po!!! Thank you!

PWC
08-12-2022, 08:53
Thank you in the extreme for this post and the link! Thought I'd never see Lane's CSP tips! Oh, and Master Po!!! Thank you!

Both M1 Load Data, by Master PO and 7.62 Data, by Master PO have been lost in the eather. That's why I say if you see something you want copy it then because it may not be there next time, just like primers now. However; I have Master PO's come ups as below:

"Come Ups" for the M1/other rifles, by Master Po
Re: 600 yard come-ups?

Date: 08 Jul 1999 Time: 11:57:52

Comments:
This formula works for me for .223, 7.62mm and .30/06. It will get you on paper and a lot of the time in the black. caliber, bullet or velocity doesn't matter.
From a 100 yard zero come up 2 minutes for 200 yards.
From a 200 yard zero come up 3 minutes for 300 yards.
From a 300 yard zero come up 7 minutes for 500 yards.
From a 300 yard zero come up 11 minutes for 600 yards.
From a 500 yard zero come up 4 minutes for 600 yards.

I normally have to touch up the elevation at 600 but my 200 and 300 comeups are usually in the 10 and X rings no matter what rifle I'm shooting.

Master Po

bruce
08-13-2022, 05:30
The ethernet leaves me feeling a bit like Forest Gump. Never occurred to me that such information would "go away." Then it seems like one day ... Poof! It was gone! Sincerely. bruce.

lyman
08-15-2022, 04:17
I used to see Gus on the gunshow circuit, but have not seen him since the Cooties came out,

hope he is doing ok,

if anyone needs a scanned copy of Dunlap's .30 Cal match loads (a small handbook) shoot me a PM with your email address and I will send you a copy

lyman
08-15-2022, 04:17
I used to see Gus on the gunshow circuit, but have not seen him since the Cooties came out,

hope he is doing ok,

if anyone needs a scanned copy of Dunlap's .30 Cal match loads (a small handbook) shoot me a PM with your email address and I will send you a copy