PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request

Art
08-04-2022, 05:47
My friends are dropping like flies it seems but this one hits me especially hard.

My friend Gail Carruthers has been diagnosed with giant cell arthritis. She's a retired ER Doc and says she once thought of this as the worst thing she could get. There is no cure the treatment is massive doses of steroids and it will eventually do her in. She can't chew right now but can swallow but that will be fixable. I had a talk with her and couldn't help but get emotional.

Absolutely one of the finest women to ever wear shoe leather and a great friend over many, many years despite being a dedicated left winger.

You guys who talk to God, I'd appreciate it if you would remember her.

Allen
08-04-2022, 06:32
Never even heard of this before.

Many of us aren't afraid of death itself---it's the path we'll have to take to get there. Something all of us will be experiencing.

Praying this lady somehow recovers and has many painless years left.

barretcreek
08-04-2022, 07:54
Will add her to my list.

one shot
08-05-2022, 10:46
Will pray for her . What i fear most is the burden and saddness I leave on my family , the money part is covered but the loss we all go threw is bad.

Art
08-05-2022, 01:11
Update.

Giant cell Arteritis is an inflammation of the lining of the arteries in the head. The first symptom is usually jaw pain after eating. Untreated it causes blindness and strokes. I understand it can be controlled (but not cured) with massive doses of prednisone. Some effects like blindness are not reversible.

Thanks again

- - - Updated - - -

Will pray for her . What i fear most is the burden and saddness I leave on my family , the money part is covered but the loss we all go threw is bad.

Absolutely right on. One of the thing that concerns my friend is her husband, who has been incapacitated by strokes to the point he can't be left alone too much.

JohnMOhio
08-07-2022, 06:08
Will comply with request.

kj47
08-08-2022, 01:21
Prayers sent, Art.