PDA

View Full Version : "Blood Chit" registration numbers?

Nick Riviezzo
04-16-2010, 04:10
I have a "Blood Chit", 10" x19 1/2" issued or given to me in Viet Nam[ I don't remember signing for it]. I think I got it in 1963-64 time frame but I'm not sure. Does anyone have a lead on where to find the registration numbers to determine age? It is the SE Asia-West Central Pacific version.I'm wondering if it was a WWII or the same as a WWII version that had been stored until Viet Nam got "warmed up".It has 14 langauges and ,of course, the red, and blue American Flag on a white background. All print is in blue. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Nick

JBinIll
04-16-2010, 05:07
The "Blood Chit" issued during the VN War was a new issue item.The flag will have 50 stars.

I don't have any info on registration numbers for that period myself but it may be out there.There is some record of WW2 numbers however http://cbi-theater-4.home.comcast.net/~cbi-theater-4/bloodchit/list.html

Nick Riviezzo
04-17-2010, 03:58
JBinIll, Duh! Now that I have proved that I AM as stoopid as I look...Thanks for pointing out the obvious.I could have looked at that thing for years and not noticed the obvious.Wow! And I used to be a pretty good criminal investigator.Half Heimers is setting in. Thanks again,seriously, Nick

JBinIll
04-17-2010, 08:29
JBinIll, Duh! Now that I have proved that I AM as stoopid as I look...Thanks for pointing out the obvious.I could have looked at that thing for years and not noticed the obvious.Wow! And I used to be a pretty good criminal investigator.Half Heimers is setting in. Thanks again,seriously, Nick

LOL Don't feel alone Nick.I know of a couple of collectors who bought a Blood Chit automatically thinking they were WW2 until it was pointed out to them the flag has 50 stars.The obvious is often the first thing missed,don't ask how I know.:icon_redface:

Design and wording on these changed with the period of usage.A lot is known about the WW2 vintage ones not so much about the later issue ones.A lot of record keeping methods changed over the years as to what level the records were kept and is pretty much lost to researchers.The VN War militaria has only in the last few years been a collectible field of interest.As time goes on more information will be available.:hello: