PDA

View Full Version : Rzm ppk

Johnny P
04-14-2010, 06:10
A nice early Walther RZM marked PPK manufactured in 1934. The RZM was the National Material Control Office for the NSDAP, and was responsible for purchasing uniform related items of which the PPK was one. The pistol was a badge of rank for the Political Leaders of the NSDAP.
This one was bought several years ago at a small show, and was in a nondescript black pebble grain holster that did not fit. After I had bought it the seller was about to walk away when he ask if I needed a spare holster. In his jacket pocket he had the original Akah holster, and when I got home I found that the original capture papers were folded and stuck in the spare magazine pocket.

http://i40.tinypic.com/34qpp4g.jpg

Dan Shapiro
04-14-2010, 06:25
The capture papers say who it was taken off of? Or where it was picked up?

Johnny P
04-14-2010, 06:52
The capture papers are a form that gives the GI the authority to keep the captured item or items, and to mail them home if he should choose to. It is preprinted with a place for the GI's name and rank, and a place at the bottom to list the items he has captured, and signed by his commanding officer.
I believe all the capture papers I have seen were dated after the war had ended. The capture paper also had two cameras and a pair of binoculars listed.

John Sukey
04-15-2010, 12:11
Once had one like that , but it had a big nazi chicken moulded in the grips. Got talked out of it when I was still a teen-ager over 50 yrs ago.

Johnny P
04-15-2010, 06:39
The Party Leader grips with the Nazi eagle were later additions to most of the pistols, as the PL grips were not made until 1938 and most of the RZM PPK's were made between 1934 and 1936. Also, since the value of an RZM PPK with Party Leader grips is mostly determined by the grips, it would certainly be tempting for someone owning an RZM PPK with the PL grips to swap them to a high condition RZM PPK.

Scott Wilson
04-16-2010, 04:34
Nice pistol John. I like the early PPKs with the rear sight intergral with the slide.

ramon
04-17-2010, 08:24
This has always been one of my favorite PPK variants followed closely by the rarer NSKK engraved variant. I assume you've checked for the presence of the last 3 digits scratched inside the slide just above the ejection port.

Thanks for sharing this gem.

Ramon

Johnny P
04-18-2010, 07:51
I assume you've checked for the presence of the last 3 digits scratched inside the slide just above the ejection port.

Thanks for sharing this gem.

Ramon

Yes, the numbers scratched inside the slide match.

pdawg1911
04-18-2010, 07:11
Nice photo, nice gun. Thanks for sharing.