PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawks for sale

Allen
11-19-2021, 06:11
I didn't post this under the WTS/WTB forum since I'm not the seller.

I didn't know these were available to the public but I guess if we can give them to the enemy fully armed with all the ammo they can fire against us and our allies they can be sold stripped to the taxpayers who paid for them in the first place.

Starting bid is $250k with a note "reserve not met". Last week I saw the listing @ $500K no res note, so I guess that is the minimum. They have 3 of them for sale.

This site is a little finicky on my old windows 7. You may need to use Monzilo or Chrome to view (GSA Auctions). If doing so select aircraft from the list on the left on the home page.

https://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucitsrh/?sl=91QSCI22124603

one shot
11-19-2021, 06:19
I'll wait for the Ukrainian surplus sale .

Allen
11-19-2021, 06:34
I guess my intentions weren't very clear. I didn't expect any takers here, I was just surprised they were for sale to the public.

Art
11-19-2021, 08:26
I guess my intentions weren't very clear. I didn't expect any takers here, I was just surprised they were for sale to the public.

They don't sell to civilians often, mostly to avoid competing with civilian companies. This is why you seldom see a USGI truck on the road in civilian attire. It does happen sometimes. When I was at LSU in the late 60s - early 70s the school had a few airplanes. One of them was an old C47, not a DC3 an actual C47 with some seating installed. I flew on that old plane once to a track meet. I know its long gone by now, either scrapped or sold to a museum. So it happens seldom but it does happen.

Don't forget all the U.S. WWII aircraft you see in air shows or museums were sold by the 'gubmint to some civilian or civilian organization at some point.

Allen
11-19-2021, 09:30
Don't forget all the U.S. WWII aircraft you see in air shows or museums were sold by the 'gubmint to some civilian or civilian organization at some point.

What suprised me about the Blackhawks are they are still in current useage and not everyone has them. They may not be the latest and greatest any longer but we still use them.

When I was young there was a row of military (Navy I think) bi-wing airplanes sitting in a field. You could see them from the highway we traveled. They were there for decades slowly being sold off for scrap, parts or restoration.

Now, from what I read those old planes are quite valuable. From what memory serves me they were probably Boeing Stearman model 75's.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrExlTr25dhHVUASaSJzbkF;_ylu=c2VjA3Nl YXJjaARzbGsDYnV0dG9u;_ylc=X1MDOTYwNjI4NTcEX3IDMgRh Y3RuA2NsawRjc3JjcHZpZANjNE9nekRFd0xqS0plZXlMWHdzUV h3T1JOelV1TVFBQUFBQnZjbGouBGZyA3lmcC10BGZyMgNzYS1n cARncHJpZAMwSTVTWjB6RFJILlIzdXBTM2dhNDBBBG5fc3VnZw MxBG9yaWdpbgNpbWFnZXMuc2VhcmNoLnlhaG9vLmNvbQRwb3MD MARwcXN0cgMEcHFzdHJsAwRxc3RybAM0MARxdWVyeQNib2Vpbm clMjBzdGVhcm1hbiUyMG1vZGVsJTIwNzUlMjBiaXBsYW5lBHRf c3RtcAMxNjM3MzQyMjEx?p=boeing+stearman+model+75+bi plane&fr=yfp-t&fr2=sb-top-images.search&ei=UTF-8&x=wrt

lyman
11-19-2021, 03:20
this part is interesting

The accuracy and availability of records is not guaranteed or warranted.

Allen
11-19-2021, 03:33
this part is interesting

The accuracy and availability of records is not guaranteed or warranted.

Typical language from auction sites. They strictly sell "as is" and don't make any claims they may later have to eat. Often, they really don't know the history of merchandise but offer inspection.

Earlier this summer I bought a Stihl pole saw, another Stihl weed eater and another Stihl chain saw from a local city listed through a govt type auction house. They claimed all 3 items did not run and needed work. So far the 2 I have tested run fine.

lyman
11-19-2021, 03:58
I'll be honest, I thought they were selling Ruger's when I saw you title

one shot
11-20-2021, 05:52

you were hoping

kj47
11-20-2021, 05:19
So was I.

dryheat
11-20-2021, 06:40
That's what I thought. Some kind of gov. buying. You guys would've still missed out. How much gov. salvage do you watch for? It's a big book. But, it's real. Me and my dad worked on military bases in the department of salvage. We missed out on some great deals(if you were thinking 2020 or even 2001). But who knew Garand stocks would be historic? There were guys in my home town(Fairbanks, AK) that compiled acres of military salvage. Some of that stuff went back to the days of building the Alaskan Hiway. It was just metal and a believe it got sent to Japan. No war involved in the 50's. It's amazing how fast folks get over war.