PDA

View Full Version : Mormon Cannery

Art
10-10-2021, 08:45
Has anyone here ever used one of these? I didn't know they existed until a week ago but apparently there is one discreetly located in every major city and a lot of midsize ones.

Is the food less expensive?

What's the variety like?

How do you go about actually purchasing from the LDS/Mormon church?

bruce
10-10-2021, 10:12
AFAIK these canneries produce food products for members of the church not the general public. Sincerely. bruce.

lyman
10-10-2021, 11:13
Art,

this may help

http://prepared-housewives.com/lds-cannery-locations-questions-answers/

Art
10-10-2021, 11:48
Art,

this may help

http://prepared-housewives.com/lds-cannery-locations-questions-answers/

Thanks!!! I looked at the list to order and thought the prices a bit high until I read the descriptions and found the price was for a case of six No. 10 cans. If you're buying staples in bulk its a lot of food for a very reasonable price. Six number 10 cans of dried pinto beans for about $50.00 isn't bad at all.

The bad news is the nearest store to me appears to be 180 miles away in Round Rock, Tx. If I buy from them I'd have to order which adds a bit to the price.

Bruce, it looks like they do sell to the general public.

bruce
10-10-2021, 12:56
Re: General public. Thank you for the information. Sincerely. bruce.

jon_norstog
10-10-2021, 06:29
If you are worried about the future, you should definitely take a look at the Latter Day Saints. The church will NOT let a member starve or go homeless. All you gotta do is give up drinking and smoking, and they WILL check up on you. My own thought is LDS is a bridge too far, I'm OK with small game and wild greens, but I think it (LDS) is a better option than building your own bunker and stocking up on TP.

jn

Art
10-10-2021, 08:05
If you are worried about the future, you should definitely take a look at the Latter Day Saints. The church will NOT let a member starve or go homeless. All you gotta do is give up drinking and smoking, and they WILL check up on you. My own thought is LDS is a bridge too far, I'm OK with small game and wild greens, but I think it is a better option than building your own bunker and stocking up on TP.

jn

I'd never be a Mormon for reasons that have nothing to do with liquor and cigarettes but they are right that without network or community things can get a lot more tenuous. That's especially true if you're getting to be an old timer.