PDA

View Full Version : No4 MK1 sniper

k arga
08-22-2021, 12:14
Anyone have one and shoot it , thinking about getting one?

thanks kurt

lyman
08-22-2021, 01:49
had a few thru the shop over the years but have not kept one,, yet,

did look at 2 in an estate last year that were nice, and one would have stayed with me,

I do have a trials rifle converted, but it is scopeless, (I have a repro to put on it, but have not yet), stashed in the corner of the shop

Hal O'Peridol, I think, has one, or 2, maybe he will stop by

terrylee
08-25-2021, 06:51
An accurate rifle, but bear in mind that its scope is way out of date. An iconic collector's piece but if you are after a shooter go for something newer. I have a No.4 Mk I(T), an L42A1 and an Enforcer. I have shot them all and FAR prefer the Enforcer with its Pecar scope49594.

Art
08-25-2021, 10:48
I agree with terrylee,

The No 4 Mk1(T) was possibly the best practical sniper rifle of WWII. If you just have to have a collectable and price is no object go for the gold and get an original. Going on line to get info on the operation of the rifle and especially the 'scope might be a good idea.

Henry Chan of 9 Hole Reviews has a really nice faux rifle that is his principle hunting rifle. It has the bonus that if it busts you aren't out near as much money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrEVL3Uaimc

Hal O'Peridol
09-18-2021, 12:56
I have had several over the years, I think a total of six or seven. From a trials rifle to an Enforcer and a L42. As said before, they are great rifles for the time period they were used in.

Why do you want one? is probably the best wuestion to ask.

Used in WWII, Or more serrious shooting.

The Ultimate would be either a No4Mk1(T) or an L42 with transit case, scope case, etc all matching. But those are north of 6 grand. A plain Jane No4T with an original but not matching scope with no extras would be about 3500 dollars.

Enforcers are so rare that I have no clue what they bring now, I sadly had to sell mine to pay expenses after my stroke.

Currently rebuilding a No4T with matching scope that had been sporterized., I got the parts, but trying to fit it in my secudual with all the medical stuff I have going on is difficult.

Tell us what you want to do with it and we can give better advice.