PDA

View Full Version : Ammo situation improving

BudT
07-22-2021, 11:34
Went to a local gun store this morning just looking and found their ammo selection and quantity looking much better. Mind you it's still far from where it should be but better than it has been. I ended up buying some .17HMR Hornady 20 gr. for the new Ruger and amazingly it was priced almost where it should be at 17.99 per box of 50 rounds. I didn't count the boxes but would estimate they had 20-25 boxes on the shelf and no limits. so I bought 5 and left the others for other people that want some, that's one of my faults to think of others. Not a lot of reloading components but there were some and no primers on the shelf. Gun selection was still not very good but if I had wanted a Glock I could have bought one, I don't need anymore of those but a nice 629 or 29 4" would have been nice to pack around, bears are out and about and hungry for hiker. Ya'all have fun ya hear.

:banana100::banana100:
Bud:hello:

Art
07-23-2021, 09:02
It's better here in Houston too, depending on the caliber. 5.56mm NATO, 9mm Parabellum, and 7.62x39mm Soviet are available in quantity for reasonable prices, especially at the bigger vendors. .22 rimfire (and the other rimfires) are spotty but sometimes shows up at reasonable prices as well. Revolver ammo? forget it, at least for less than $50.00 for 50 and that's just .38 special lead or fmj "blasting ammo."

The wife and I went to Collectors Firearms, also known as gun heaven yesterday to check out their new location; very impressive. The ammo situation for them was as I described above but interestingly their supply of milsurp rifles was a shadow of what it was the last time I was there. Maybe a half dozen Garands, one Mauser, six or seven Lee Enfields, three M1 Carbines and a couple of dozen assorted other types. That surprised me, the last time I was there there were probably 20 racks of assorted milsurps.