PDA

View Full Version : Bunny rescue

BudT
07-02-2021, 07:04
A cat had this little bunny out in the in the street this morning. By the time I got it away from the cat he had a few spots of blood on him and was pretty sad. Anyway I built a little enclosure out of wire and put him in, looks like he's going to be ok. I already went to a couple of places asking about a missing bunny and so far no.

dryheat
07-03-2021, 03:27
That's a cute bunny. I hope it has a happy life. Coincidentally, just this morning I went out front to have a coffee and a little wild rabbit ran up to my porch. Kind of odd. I looked over and a coyote had startled them out of the bush that my neighbor puts food under for them. The coyote was just a pup and he didn't seem to know how to pounce on a wild rabbit. He trotted down the street and left. I never have my camera.

Major Tom
07-03-2021, 03:49
Our neighbors cat preys on wild rabbits and newly hatched birds. I have no qualms about shooting it with my C02 powered air gun!

lyman
07-03-2021, 08:09
our cats are indoor only,

well my cat (of the 3) gets to go out on the deck, but she moves like a sloth outside,,

anyhoo,,

neighbors have outdoor cats, that ignore the bunnies,

I have a small family every year of bunnies, wife named it Claire,, and we are probably on Claire 8.0 by now,

the bunny(s) will freeze when they see the cats, the outdoor cats ignore the bunny, and all is right in the world,

we do have yotes, heard then out in the State Park (less than 100yrds from the front door) but have not seen then around the house yet,

I guess when the neighbors outside house cats disappear ,,

Mark in Ottawa
07-05-2021, 04:43
Got all excited for a minute by your title until I remembered that Playboy bunnies disappeared about 20 years ago. Thought that perhaps you'd found one who needed help

BudT
07-06-2021, 06:54
Got all excited for a minute by your title until I remembered that Playboy bunnies disappeared about 20 years ago. Thought that perhaps you'd found one who needed help

Yep, they did. It warms my heart to think I gave you a cheap thrill. I have talked with a couple of Playboy Bunnies in my life time and both were intelligent. interesting well rounded women with far more morals than the standard variety leftist booger eaters. By the way Bunny passed away, I suspect from injuries that I couldn't detect caused by the cat attack. I only cried for a hour, sure am glad I didn't get really attached to it. Oh well, back to the morning chores.

kj47
07-06-2021, 07:52
I would be doing something about the "cat problem", sorry for the loss of the little bunny.

barretcreek
07-06-2021, 02:13
Drop of oil in the base of a pellet does wonders for the performance. Not sure if I'd make a regular habit of it.