PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Wildcat 22 SR

Major Tom
04-29-2021, 05:49
What a neatly engineered rifle loaded with lots of never seen features and at the right price! A must have 22 rf rifle.

BudT
04-30-2021, 12:20
I've been thinking about this rifle for some time now. Kind of reminds me of the Remington Nylon. All that I have talked to that have one of these like it, I don't want a threaded barrel. Sportsman's WH has these listed for 219.00 and 249.00 plus change. I wonder how they run in below 0 weather.

JB White
05-02-2021, 03:19
I thought about it. Reviews and price point put it into the realm of 'worth checking out'.
Then I reminded myself that I have enough rimfire rifles that I rarely shoot already. Due to covid I still have a pair which I have never shot yet.

Better off spending the money on bayonets that I'll never afix to a rifle :)

BudT
05-02-2021, 05:47
I still get out and do a little shooting, yes I'm pretty careful with it but I still shoot. I ordered one of those Wildcats and have a cheap BSA scope to mount on it. Soon as I get it and sight it in I've already planned a trip to Calif to one of the family and friends ranches to do some ground squirrel eradication. So the test will be on, if it turns out good I just might buy another one. I'd love to bring home a small hog to put in the freezer while I'm at it. As I get older I like the light softer kicking rifles more than I used to so a 4 pound rifle appeals to me.
Regards
BudT

BudT
05-11-2021, 06:26
We picked up the Wildcat and a couple more boxes of Federal 40 gr. automatch ammo. took the rifle for a ride out into the desert and shoot at least 3 different kinds of ammo through it. at 25 yards give or take some it was sighted in from the factory using the iron sights. The CCI standard velocity 40 gr. lead RN shot a inch or so low, the Winchester high velocity shot a little high and the Winchester hollow point high velocity shot yet higher. All ammo was pretty well centered up L-R. All shooting was done standing and leaning on the back of my pickup so a real bench test is still needed and with a scope. No FTF or fire problems, I did not test the Ruger 10/22 mags in it, next time I will. This rifle is light and so far reliable and accurate, it will go to the ranch in Calif for more testing when I go in a week or so. HTH some decide to buy or not, mine might just be the one rare bird that works out or it just might be the normal that would be up to you to decide. OP, if you haven't bought one yet I would seriously consider getting one, I'm already thinking about a second one. Maybe after more testing.
BudT

lyman
05-11-2021, 08:16
I thought about it. Reviews and price point put it into the realm of 'worth checking out'.
Then I reminded myself that I have enough rimfire rifles that I rarely shoot already. Due to covid I still have a pair which I have never shot yet.

Better off spending the money on bayonets that I'll never afix to a rifle :)

I've handled a couple, nice rifle,

for what BudT is looking to use it for, it will suit fine,

I have the same issue as JB,
I have a safe full of older 22's, most are target type bolts, one is an Enfield, and a small amount are older semi's (including a 10/22)

and no time to shoot them all