PDA

View Full Version : Byna self defence system

Major Tom
04-23-2021, 07:40
Has anyone else heard of this company? It is a non lethal self defense system using CO2 powered pellets that shoot tear gas pellets. Cost is $400 which include everything need to shoot plus a holster. Comes in several colors.

JOHN COOK
04-23-2021, 09:08
Have never heard of it until Shawn Hannity on FOX mentioned it several nights ago. He claimed he fired one and was able to hit a target approximately 35-40 feet. He said it was pretty accurate. and felt like it would put you down and render you unable to resist..FWIW

John in SC

barretcreek
04-23-2021, 01:49
Kimber distributes the Pepperblaster, looks like a water pistol. Two gel caps of pepper spray/gel.

JOHN COOK
04-23-2021, 08:19
Saw this system demonstrated on U tube. I wasn’t impressed.. Two guys who appeared to be well qualified in the use of handguns demonstrated the weapon on each other. They both shot each other about 40 feet. They both experienced really bad pain. What turned me off was the many malfunctions they both had in attempting to discharge the weapon. What I didn’t understand was how the CO2 cartridge was energized. It appears that when the 5 shot magazine is inserted it punched a hole in the CO2. If this is the case it would appear that you would have to go through this procedure before you intend to use it. It was not clear if CO2 was punched would the remaining CO2 not leak out after use. Both men had misfires when in use. One pellet rolled out the barrel. Tear gas pellet did explode and had a fairly good cloud around the target. It did punch a hole in a cantaloupe up close. If officer on a 911 call knew what he was going to expect and get the weapon all charged it may be a help. Going in on a call blind, I don’t see using this. All in all it not worth $379.00 FWIW

John in SC