PDA

View Full Version : Meat Out Day

barretcreek
02-28-2021, 02:53
This applies to other states as well. Check with your local Ag organizations and Extension Office to see if your state is taking part.

Colorado Gov. Polis has declared March 20 'Meat Out Day' to promote abandoning eating meat. The Farm Bureau is teaming up with other Ag organizations to hold cookouts inviting the public to join in. Check with your County Ag organizations and Extension Office to find events in your area. Other states and Governors are joining in as part of a national movement.
"Meat Out Day" is aimed at you, make no mistake.

Go to ColoradoPolitics.com to find out about the proclamation and info about other states.

Johnny P
02-28-2021, 04:57
Governor Polis will probably abide by his proclamation like Governor Newsom of California and have a nice Wagyu ribeye that day.

bruce
02-28-2021, 05:53
Does anyone pay any attention to a state ag. dept.? Sincerely. bruce.

lyman
02-28-2021, 06:37
Does anyone pay any attention to a state ag. dept.? Sincerely. bruce.

retailers and restaurants do in Va,

the dept of Ag runs the Heath Dept,

the heath inspector can cause you grief if you run a store or kitchen,

I think weights and measures is under the Dept of ag as well,

Major Tom
03-01-2021, 04:58
Future president kamala harris has long said that the meat industry has to be done away with. Comrade Joe agrees with that! All big cattle ranches will be shut down if they have their way. IE: the Drummond ranch (pioneer woman) in OK is a prime target for them!

lyman
03-01-2021, 05:33
I'll try to remember to grill a nice big juicy Ribeye and or NY Strip that day,

maybe even do a nice board sauce,, roast some potatoes and Asparagus,

now I'm hungry

PWC
03-01-2021, 07:05
Doesn't meat out mean use the grill, not the kitchen?

lyman
03-01-2021, 07:33
Doesn't meat out mean use the grill, not the kitchen?

I like the way you think

blackhawknj
03-02-2021, 05:02
What's the argument ? Eliminating meat eating will eliminate the need for grazing land which will then ease the state's water problems ?
Ask all the school kids who had to eat Michelle Obama's school lunches how they feel.

Major Tom
03-02-2021, 05:09
Also, eliminating cattle will reduce the methane in the atmosphere which causes global warming or global climate change or whatever the loonies call it!

blackhawknj
03-02-2021, 05:35
Perhaps he wants more land and water for MJ cultivation which seems to their preferred cash crop.

JB White
03-02-2021, 06:38
Eat no meat? I'd rather walk out smelling like a predator than a rabbit!

Vern Humphrey
03-02-2021, 08:29
He got the wrong day -- he chose a Saturday. This is Lent and Catholics (who make up about 25% of the population) will not be eating meat on Fridays during Lent.

dryheat
03-02-2021, 06:25
Carbs are useful if you burn them off. Protein we need. Fish might be the best source, but I feel sorry for the fish.