PDA

View Full Version : Its come to this for a hand full of primers

BlitzKrieg
02-08-2021, 10:48
https://vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1725558/gonew/1#UNREAD

Its so desperate, you're hoping a shell holder can get you a few primers?

This is one end of the drama and at another, I saw a brick of primers for sale at $200.

I sure hope this is temporary insanity because if reloading components stay up in the stratosphere, reloading will be a dead event.

barretcreek
02-08-2021, 10:51
LGS has Federal Small Pistol, $4.49. Limit 2. I'll find out how often I can buy one.

Art
02-08-2021, 12:39
LGS has Federal Small Pistol, $4.49. Limit 2. I'll find out how often I can buy one.

Stuff like this is available but you really have to look for it right now. I recently came into some S&b 7.92x57 ball for slightly over the regular retail, I was almost out of 8mm Mauser fmj so I got four boxes.

People are actually selling ammo to vendors at a profit and of course the vendors jack it up so they can make a profit which can result in 9mm fmj "blasting ammo" for $50.00 - $60.00 for a box of 50. It sells for that too.

As I said before, I anticipate the current panic will run for at least two years.

Mark in Ottawa
02-09-2021, 08:14
I got curious so I looked up Cabelas here in Ottawa. They seemed to have all kinds of primers at $9 Cdn or $7 USD for a box of 100

togor
02-10-2021, 04:28
Look at powder jugs on GB....not shill bids either.

S.A. Boggs
02-10-2021, 07:10
Wait until the price of food starts to rocket up with inflation and boy will the masses scream!
Sam

jjrothWA
02-10-2021, 08:15
DON"T forget the gas prices.

king Biden want to break obama's four dollar plus ceiling.

togor
02-10-2021, 08:39
DON"T forget the gas prices.

king Biden want to break obama's four dollar plus ceiling.

US producers would love it. Do you want high oil prices for them or cheap gas from foreign imports from lower cost fields? Can't have both.

M1Tommy
02-10-2021, 11:57
I recently found this under my bench, would consider trades for a low mileage 4WD pickup truck..........

Tommy :headbang:

togor
02-10-2021, 12:45
For pistol or small rifle?

lyman
02-10-2021, 02:42
https://vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1725558/gonew/1#UNREAD

Its so desperate, you're hoping a shell holder can get you a few primers?

This is one end of the drama and at another, I saw a brick of primers for sale at $200.

I sure hope this is temporary insanity because if reloading components stay up in the stratosphere, reloading will be a dead event.

the Squid called me today,, said he was good, primer wise,,

he is trying to get a bulk order of powder (to get the lower 6 bottle hazmat)

PaFrank
03-02-2021, 04:41
I have been seeing powder every few weeks a my LGS, and even picked up a couple cans of Varget. I could have taken more, but i left some for others. I was in there last week and primers are even starting to show up. He had quite a lot of 209 shotgun primers, some brand i didn't recognize, and he had Federal 210 large rifle primers for $7/100.. They were NOT flying off the shelf..

dryheat
03-02-2021, 05:51
I have decided to stop reloading(mostly). It was fun. But, for me loading ten rounds in a hour the old fashioned way is tedious. Ten rds. or twenty it takes me about the same time. So, I decided to put the majority of my stuff up for sale(I'm thinking about moving most of the guns too). Dies for $10. About 900 different weight of .30 for .30 cents a piece. I have a partial brick of primers and I looked at GB for prices. Now, I'm familiar with GB. But h***I don't remember what I paid for this stuff. GB: .30 to .40 per primer. At .30 per primer, that's $270. Same for 900 bullets. Finally asking price: $270 times two. $540. Now I know that's crazy so I dropped it some. $450 for the lot. That's still crazy because I would never have paid that. The result? I got three inquires. Two were guys who knew what they were doing and looking for a deal. But guy #3 is 90 miles away and interested and willing to drive up this weekend. I am aware of the disparity in what is asked and what is actually paid for. If the guy does drive all the way up from Tucson I will work with him. $3,000 Garand's compared to .30 for a primer; anyone have a chart?

lyman
03-02-2021, 06:46
I have decided to stop reloading(mostly). It was fun. But, for me loading ten rounds in a hour the old fashioned way is tedious. Ten rds. or twenty it takes me about the same time. So, I decided to put the majority of my stuff up for sale(I'm thinking about moving most of the guns too). Dies for $10. About 900 different weight of .30 for .30 cents a piece. I have a partial brick of primers and I looked at GB for prices. Now, I'm familiar with GB. But h***I don't remember what I paid for this stuff. GB: .30 to .40 per primer. At .30 per primer, that's $270. Same for 900 bullets. Finally asking price: $270 times two. $540. Now I know that's crazy so I dropped it some. $450 for the lot. That's still crazy because I would never have paid that. The result? I got three inquires. Two were guys who knew what they were doing and looking for a deal. But guy #3 is 90 miles away and interested and willing to drive up this weekend. I am aware of the disparity in what is asked and what is actually paid for. If the guy does drive all the way up from Tucson I will work with him. $3,000 Garand's compared to .30 for a primer; anyone have a chart?

send me a list, email in profile,

I'm serious

Sunray
03-03-2021, 10:23
I don't think the assorted manufacturers are working due to the Covid Panic.
"...the gas prices..." Biden is supposedly going to cancel the Keystone pipe line again to appease the tree huggers. More likely because The Donald approved it though. It seems treaties and trade agreements with the U.S. government are only good on the day they're signed. The wee storm in the Southern US is blamed for prices up here. Junior's Carbon Cash Grab is more likely. Local Shell station wants $1.24 per litre(roughly $5.46 per gallon) on one side of town. About 5 cents less on the other side.
"...the price of food..." Food has already gone up, here. Some stuff by as much as 100%. Others by 50%. All since March of 20. Primarily due to Junior's Carbon Cash Grab.
"...GB for prices..." As in Gun Broker? Auction site prices aren't realistic. Lotta dealers thinking they're going to get rich.

barretcreek
03-03-2021, 12:21
Auction site prices aren't realistic.

I use actual selling prices (completed listing) to figure what a gun is worth. Recently got a late '40s 94 home for $650, which is about what it would have gone for a year or two ago.

dryheat
03-03-2021, 12:21
I jumped into this idea of selling before really doing much research(which I'm prone to do sometimes). I think the primer price is too high. They are ASKING forty cents on Gunbroker but people actually getting bids are at around .10 to .25 even when adding shipping of about $8-9
I'm going to postpone selling and do a little more looking. So now, some one tell what primers cost in 2015

lyman
03-03-2021, 12:57
when we get them primers (standard or magnum, not benchrest ) are 4.99-5.99 a slip,
we got some SR bricks in and they were $40 a brick, (1000 primers)

they sold out in an hour,

I've seen them at gunshows for $100 a brick up to $249..,

the $100 bricks sold,,, the rest did not seem to be moving,

re Gunbroker,
completed auctions show various types and sizes sold (as in had bids) for ~$100 a brick and up,