PDA

View Full Version : SHTF???

S.A. Boggs
02-01-2021, 02:01
My day starts around 0200-0300 as I get up early to restart our wood stoves to have the house warm for Mom and Sis when they get up. Both leave at 0600 to go to work, so as the stove heats up I drink my coffee and watch YouTube to see what has been going on. Right now it is interesting watching and listening to what "is" and "could" happen as the day progresses. Apparently there is little to no physical silver to be had. Speculation is that gold could follow and all of this is "worrying" the big banks.
We got out of the stock market a couple of years ago cashing out what we have held for years and put the money into our cabin. We have some junk silver that we have acquired over the years, not much but some.
Over the past year we have been adding shelves and then filling those same shelves with food that we eat. I watched people buy in panic last year and with the current weather we just had the same happened. Fortunately we didn't get what was forecast but we were ready. For us the reality is to always be as ready as possible for weather.
Whatever negative happens I feel that no government is ready for what is to come. All one has to do is to see what our "experts" are now doing to "save" us!
Sam

Art
02-01-2021, 02:43
I just checked and the silver spot price hit $30.00 oz. today. The metals touts may actually be more right than wrong for once. Sooner or later the spending we've got going on now because of the plague will almost surely hit critical mass and we're going to have some serious inflation. I may replace the canned SHTF food we're eating right now before its exhausted, and like you, add some more.

I'm not spooked easily but I'm quite worried now.

Did I mention that there is almost no ammo to be had around here and what is available is higher than a cat's back.

Roadkingtrax
02-01-2021, 04:07
Reddit is driving up silver this morning.

Edit: In fact Wall Street is looking to blame Reddit, but it's other market forces at play.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/simonconstable/2021/02/01/reddit-not-the-key-driver-of-higher-silver-prices-analyst-says/amp/

Art
02-01-2021, 07:19
Silver and gold have both been up significantly even before the plague began. I personally think anything above $18.00 oz. for silver is inflated but of course it is a spot market and a lot of things affect it.

S.A. Boggs
02-01-2021, 08:48
I just checked and the silver spot price hit $30.00 oz. today. The metals touts may actually be more right than wrong for once. Sooner or later the spending we've got going on now because of the plague will almost surely hit critical mass and we're going to have some serious inflation. I may replace the canned SHTF food we're eating right now before its exhausted, and like you, add some more.

I'm not spooked easily but I'm quite worried now.

Did I mention that there is almost no ammo to be had around here and what is available is higher than a cat's back.

Dropped off both family member's for work and while there decided to pick up some more canned goods. First checked out the ammo and "found" 300 rds. of 100 pack .22 standard velocity so I bought all three for $18.00 and tax. This was with my 10% off Wal-Mart Family Card, the rest of the shelves were bare save for some 30/30 which I did not need.
Going to do beef stew tonight so I picked up meat rather then dig into the freezer. Our Freezer[s] are full and I don't want to get into them unless I have too. When we bring home meat we go ahead and vac. seal then into the deep freeze. Recently ate a 4 year old beef roast that was very good! Trying to talk the family into buying a 3rd freezer so that we can segregate the various meats out as I hate to dig thru to get to what I want.
Sam

Major Tom
02-02-2021, 06:54
If inflation goes berserk and the dollar ain't worth a dern; wadda ya gonna do with yer gold? Who's going to buy it? Commercial stores won't take it!

togor
02-03-2021, 08:25
Ammo prices are inflated right now. I really should be selling at these prices.

S.A. Boggs
02-03-2021, 11:40
If inflation goes berserk and the dollar ain't worth a dern; wadda ya gonna do with yer gold? Who's going to buy it? Commercial stores won't take it!

Silver is at $30.00 an ounce, I bought ten small canned hams for the same amount. Wife fixed one for dinner last night along with other canned food that we have. Only thing wrong was not enough brown sugar/mustard combo for my liking. Oh well, since chemo my taste buds are way off but dinner was really tasty otherwise. :banana100::banana100::hello:
Sam

Roadkingtrax
02-03-2021, 11:56
Ammo prices are inflated right now. I really should be selling at these prices.

I've done a little selling recently.

$3 a round for factory .308 is a pretty good deal.

lyman
02-03-2021, 12:56
I've done a little selling recently.

$3 a round for factory .308 is a pretty good deal.

I took roughly a full size pickup load of mixed up ammo I could not give away at gunshows or in the shop and put it all online,

in couple of months, all of it sold,

we are talking a box marked $5 on a table, and people walking buy, selling for $30 up to $70