PDA

View Full Version : I am Legend

Art
01-18-2021, 11:15
I just saw this today. It is the third movie inspired by the mid 1950s Mathison novel of the same name. The book is credited with being the inspiration for the modern "zombie apocalypse" and vampire family of books and movies. The first two were "The Last Man on Earth" with Vincent Price which I would never recommend to anyone. It probably tops the list of the worst movies Price made. The second was "The Omega Man" (1970) with Charlton Heston in the leading role as Robert Neville and Rosalind Cash as his love interest. I thought is was a pretty good sci-fi film of the period. The new one, "I am Legend" (2007) with Will Smith as Neville and Ana Braga as the female lead is about as good and maybe better than "The Omega Man" but makes full use of modern computer special effects.

The romantic aspects of the Heston and Smith movies are interracial but the roles are reversed in "The Omega Man" and "I am Legend."

The movie is worth a look if you're into the whole sci-fi/zombie apocalypse genre of movies and to be honest, it was a lot better than I thought it would be.

lyman
01-18-2021, 11:48
I agree with your review,

both I AM Legend and Omega Man were good movies,

IAL was supposed to be more like the book, but I never read it to confirm,

I still like the Omega Man just a bit better, cause I watched it everytime it was on TV when I was a kid

Scott Wilson
01-20-2021, 01:56
The Omega Man has a nice variety of firearms too.

Art
01-20-2021, 06:08
yes it did, BAR to Colt SAA. The AR is what you see in I am Legend and that's about it.

Scott Wilson
01-21-2021, 11:26
There is a website that lists firearms shown in movies and they go into great detail about the ones in Omega Man. I think the site is "Movie firearms database" or such.

lyman
01-21-2021, 01:08
There is a website that lists firearms shown in movies and they go into great detail about the ones in Omega Man. I think the site is "Movie firearms database" or such.

internet movie firearms database

imfdb