PDA

View Full Version : AR15 forum website was shut down

Major Tom
01-16-2021, 05:15
GOdaddy, who carried the AR15 discussion forum shut it down with no specific explanation other than the 'new' usual that it violated the rules. This is your new government at work! Reminds me of what happened in Germany when Hitler took over.

bdm
01-16-2021, 12:14
It makes me sad to say this but it is just the beginning of what we will in for in the next 4 years

lyman
01-16-2021, 12:23
it's back up, and has been a few days

Major Tom
01-16-2021, 01:08
Yes, they said they were trying to get another server. I didn't think there would be a chance of that happening after Parlor got shut down and cound not fine a server willing to take them.

lyman
01-16-2021, 02:48
Yes, they said they were trying to get another server. I didn't think there would be a chance of that happening after Parlor got shut down and cound not fine a server willing to take them.

one of, if not the most popular firearms forums, with a Brownells as an owner (or part owner) won't stay off the web for long

togor
01-16-2021, 06:06

In Parler's case the problem wasn't conservative content....lots of Conservatives are on Facebook, Twitter, etc. with no problem. It was messages exhorting people to overthrow the government. Imagine businesses deciding they don't want to be associated with that!

lyman
01-16-2021, 06:46
In Parler's case the problem wasn't conservative content....lots of Conservatives are on Facebook, Twitter, etc. with no problem. It was messages exhorting people to overthrow the government. Imagine businesses deciding they don't want to be associated with that!

not exactly,

parler was apparently not moderated, that allowed folks to say too much of the wrong thing,

maybe,

AR15 was told that they did not crack down hard enough on people that were not happy about the election, including some threads on dank memes etc that supposedly promoted intolerance towards the incoming president

twitter and facebook are heavily moderated, esp towards Conservatives, and some gun owners, I know a handful of folks that have had entire gun enthusiast 'rooms' deleted, as in sections that are secret handshake protected,
and others that have had lots of facebook jail time for not speaking the party line, (and not from any insurrection type BS)

you side is not as tolerant as you say it is

togor
01-16-2021, 07:57
Lyman please refrain from putting people on "sides" against their will as if picking teams for arguments.

No idea why ar15.com was cut off, seems wrong. But maybe there was a content problem. Parler certainly had a content problem.

JB White
01-17-2021, 04:34
Lyman please refrain from putting people on "sides" against their will as if picking teams for arguments.

Allow me to be among the first to mark your words ;)

I hope you remember that when words like racist Nazi fascist trumpster insurrectionist etc go flying in a debate? Not to worry though. Should anyone equate Brewers fans to White Sox fans, I got yer back bro!

lyman
01-17-2021, 05:39

No idea why ar15.com was cut off, seems wrong. But maybe there was a content problem. Parler certainly had a content problem.

there was no content problem,, the folks you defended (and posted various articles from in the past (slate, vox, etc) are the side you have defended in the past,

as I have said in the past, you should own it, not hide from it like you do, we all know that who you pull for,

these are the people you voted in,, and we all have to live with now,