PDA

View Full Version : Italian huntress has to kill charging wild boar w/the shotgun after missing

rayg
01-13-2021, 03:34
Italian huntress fails to kill charging wild boar and has to beat it w/the shotgun

I wish I could understand Italian to understand what she is saying.....Lol

MISS piggy! Moment Italian huntress fails to kill charging wild boar and is forced to HIT the snarling beast with her shotgun as it fights back

The woman fired two shots at the wild board on Sardinia but failed to kill it and is unable to reload her weapon as the boar charged directly towards her

It is not known if the woman had hit the boar with any of the two rounds fired

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9138589/Moment-Italian-huntress-fails-shoot-snarling-wild-boar.html

I

lyman
01-13-2021, 05:25
shot placement is every thing

Art
01-13-2021, 07:55
I counted at least three shots.

She probably shot high, at least on the last one. My old daddy did in a similar situation and when he got treed discovered why they had given him a pistol. He missed four times with the handgun before taking a divot out of the hip of a very angry sow and driving her off. His one and only hunting experience.

I wonder if she bent the barrel on that shotgun??

barretcreek
01-13-2021, 10:10
Good thing my 870 has a bayonet lug.

Mark in Ottawa
01-14-2021, 04:14
It really is easier to just go to the supermarket and buy a package of bacon

Art
01-14-2021, 05:39
It really is easier to just go to the supermarket and buy a package of bacon

In most European countries you can buy game in supermarkets and restaurants. Therefore if you prefer your pork wild its certainly a supermarket option. It'll cost you a premium though. There is actually a T.V. series you can probably get where you are called "Farming the Wild" about a Brit restaurant owner who's restaurant specializes in game, much of which the owner harvests himself.

The fact is game is healthier than the flesh of commercially raised livestock. If we were richer we'd go the Ted Nugent route and eat nothing but game (my wife loves venison and prefers her pork wild.)

lyman
01-14-2021, 05:58
In most European countries you can buy game in supermarkets and restaurants. Therefore if you prefer your pork wild its certainly a supermarket option. It'll cost you a premium though. There is actually a T.V. series you can probably get where you are called "Farming the Wild" about a Brit restaurant owner who's restaurant specializes in game, much of which the owner harvests himself.

The fact is game is healthier than the flesh of commercially raised livestock. If we were richer we'd go the Ted Nugent route and eat nothing but game (my wife loves venison and prefers her pork wild.)

thanks for that tip, I saved that show to my watch list

tmark
01-14-2021, 06:10
You might say she got "boared" while hunting!

Art
01-14-2021, 07:24
thanks for that tip, I saved that show to my watch list

I think its a great hunting and cooking show rolled into one. I figured I'd share one episode for the rest of the crew. I get hungry every time I watch this show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV3Qdry7Xd0

jon_norstog
01-17-2021, 07:06
Man, that pig just kept on coming!

jn

dryheat
01-18-2021, 01:21
I noticed the silencer. In some places it just considered good manners.

lyman
01-18-2021, 05:26
I noticed the silencer. In some places it just considered good manners.

it is in Europe